Forums

Help › Forums

Deep pockets?

Tue, May 23 2017 4:04 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:23 PM

Not any more.  Don't know if you have noticed but a pants pocket that could hold lots of stuff and you could reach deep into is no more.  I figure that my pockets are about a third shorter than they used to be.  But do the math.  The profit seeking bastages that make pants calculate all the fabric saved and fabric is money.

Now lets look at the great toilet paper fiasco.  Toilet paper rolls are losing width, about a quarter of an inch on average while the price per roll is increasing.  Again, less paper equals more money as does raising the price for less paper.  Toilet paper companies are really wiping up. 

There are countless other examples of the consumer being short changed and over charged.  I bet you can think of a few.

- - BogeyOne the nap taker, the taker of naps

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:50 PM

My take away from that....

You got shyt in your pockets, & not enough TP

Sad situation indeed

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:16 PM

My hand doesn't go very far in my pocket, but that's because my junk gets in the way.

Everyone has a cross to bear.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:19 PM

I've noticed it in particular at the grocery store. Companies are placing things on ads for a price discount at a time it coincides with a size reduction. At the end of the sale period the price reverts back to what it was, only now the package size is smaller. They're counting on the consumer not noticing the ploy and it seems to be working.

For example, very few lunch meats, hot dogs and packages of bacon come in a one pound (16 oz.) size any more. They are almost all down to 8 or 12 ounces. 

Many drinks that used to come in gallons are down to 120-130 fl. ounces. Former half gallons (64 oz.) are down to 46-48 fl. ounces. Some yogurts have been reduced from 8 to 6 ounces.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:16 PM

MichaelStroke:

My hand doesn't go very far in my pocket, but that's because my junk gets in the way.

Everyone has a cross to bear.

I bet  it's locked onto it, tugging away. Lol

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 12:04 PM

And the moral of the story is..... TopGolf/WGT took Oakmont away so run for the hills!! With a roll of toilet paper, a new pair of trousers, with deep pockets of course and some newspapers to not only read about the calamity but for safety reasons as well. Because you need to keep those deep pockets away from TopGolf/WGT!!

What WILL they think of next??

Lute

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 1:14 PM

My pockets were sewn shut a long time ago. Speaking of the toilet paper issue. Note to self: Unless you want to get in touch with your inner self, never buy single ply tp at the dollar store.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 7:51 AM

Hi

renniw52:

Note to self: Unless you want to get in touch with your inner self, never buy single ply tp at the dollar store.

Couldn't agree more, sick and tired of having to write one hundred and eleven on the mat. It's not just quantity either, quality is suffering as well. Almost picked up a bag of these the other day

My tip, stick with Cheese & Onion.

Cheers!

Rich

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2017 3:10 PM

Here I sit in a caper . Some damn fool stole the toilet paper . How much longer must I linger before I have to use my fingers ?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2017 3:55 PM

Lol,"Last time I got a piece of *** was when my fingers went through the toilet paper, and trust me, you don't want seconds on that"  Can't remember who said it, but, still some funny chit.

Doc :)

• PAGES
RSS