Forums

Help › Forums

October International

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 5 2009 12:41 PM (6 replies)
  • edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 10:36 AM

Since the August International was at Bethpage Black on the reds with the easiest conditions possible, why not do it for the October International, but not at Bethpage. The October International should be played at Kiawah, on the red tees and the easiest conditions! Anyone disagree?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:13 AM

I disagree strongly. The August International tournament was a travesty and a ridicule of this golf game. It's the only tournament accessible for international players, and it's sad to see it being turned into a joke.

I also believe it was a bad decision to make it a tier-less tournament. It's extremely unfair to non-Master players. You have all the Master players playing their Master-only sets from Pro tees, and even sharing the same leaderboard with Pro players!  

The International tournaments as currently set up are an utter failure. If you insist on having a Joke Tournament of the Month on this site, please don't make the International tournament to be that joke event that everyone can make fun of.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:32 AM

Faterson... I believe Mr. Chavez's sardonic post was a brilliant exercise in sarcasm and satire.

Well, I really really hope it was.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:39 AM

Just wanted to tag the post so Faterson can disagree with me also!! :))

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 12:03 PM

the whole point of the international open is to spice things up, something different. Allows players to experince the game in a way they may not have before.

The only real issue i had with the event, which i have not completed a single round in :)

is that its ranked. that tourney allowed players to get their avg's extremely low and jump tiers in warp speed. I'm sure that many soon found out that may have been a bad career move here at wgt. I see players who have 61, 60, and even 59avg's and can barely shoot par in the weeklys. International open since its only for bragging rights should have never been a ranked round.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 12:29 PM

claremoreblue:
    Just wanted to tag the post so Faterson can disagree with me also!! :))

I disagree I disagree with you; it would be fruitless.

PS: Slovakia in a goalless draw with Czech Rep after half-time; I'm trembling!  

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 12:41 PM

(1) - Thank you Faterson!! :)

(2) - Tiny Tiny Rob is correct, it should never be ranked if that is what the format is going to be!!

RSS