Forums

Help › Forums

64 Degree Wedge needed!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:20 AM (25 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 8:36 PM

All 3 of my Max Meter wedges work very well. See no reason whatsoever to change.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 4:57 AM

New is always better, no matter how well the old works. Once everyone has an iphone the only way to really drive sales is too bring out a new and improved  phone. So WGT knows that all of its high level players have top equipment but if they bring out a new and improved club there will be a line outside the pro shop to buy it, no matter how good the current club is.

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 5:33 AM

Had the 64 Max meter wedge for ages and it's the 1 club in my bag that I won't change.

This club has been a virtual magic wand for me, got me out of so much trouble inc bunkers and rough and I can drop the ball a yard from the hole on virtually any fairway shot between 30 and 63 yards.

Definite keeper

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 6:57 AM

What gets me is how these strange performances gets past Icon. I think he test all new courses, clubs, and maybe balls .

What they need is testers for new equipment before it is released to the community. Let theses guys test the equipment for a week ,and send in reports.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 9:54 AM

HackWilson1930:
    New is always better, no matter how well the old works.
    I still use a flip top phone (gotta buy batteries from Ebay though)!  If it's not broken don't fix it.

I agree with the 64w comments.  This isn't real golf, it's a game.  In this game a 64w is absolutely mandatory if you want to score well.  It's mind boggling that they wouldn't include a 64w with the release.  Makes Zero sense.

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 11:07 AM

cedriver:

The 64 degree Max Meter works well with the Mack Daddy 56 and 60 degree.

I'm staying with the Cleves.  Wedges are key scoring tools, and the ability to reliably hit precise shots is the only way to get to those really low scores.  (Caveat- I'm not there yet, but I know what to do, and am slowly learning how to do it.)

Don't know about the MD wedges.  But for me, the high-level Max Meters are quite good for full shots, and not quite good enough on punch/pitch/flop with spin...

Play Well, --Berto

• gary1103
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 11:34 AM

When one does upgrade with a new club is there a way for them to sell their used club to someone?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 8:25 AM

This is a company town and the only place to get anything for old clubs is the company store. This is not a free market economy with ebay available.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:50 AM

gary1103:

When one does upgrade with a new club is there a way for them to sell their used club to someone?

Moin Gary

You can sell old clubs back to the shop for 1/4 of the price you once payed. Unfortunally you cant sell or gift them to other players.

Hope this info helps you,

Friedel

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 10:14 PM

ostfriedel:

Unfortunally you cant sell or gift them to other players.

Really surprised to hear this.  Although I haven't done it, I'm sure I've red posts of folks gifting clubs to other players...

Play well, --Berto

RSS