Forums

Help › Forums

Help a.s.a.p. please!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 1 2017 10:33 AM (28 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 4:41 PM

Original posted deleted by me.  Different day, different mood.  If it was seen, it was aimed at both the OP and Jim, and was uncalled for on my part.  Also explains Jims' post.

For the OP.   The only thing I can think of is, you did or something else happened and your browser has shrunk.  Sounds like maybe browser has gotten collapsed and needs to be restretched.  I have seen this happen before, unsure what actually causes it, but this may be your fix.

Just tried it with Chrome, you can collapse the window and full screen still takes it to full monitor size.  But I did use the menu to select full screen.  Has nothing to do with zoom, as that is only within the window.  If monitor resolution has been changed it can affect window size.

Left click on the browser window and hold, move the browser window up to the upper left corner or your screen.  Release left click, go to the lower right corner of window,  When at the corner your mouse cursor will be replaced by arrows.  When that happens click and hold left mouse, drag that down to the lower right corner of your screen and release.

When you close down the browser, the operating system should remember that window size.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 4:53 PM

Assume what? I'm curious as hell myself as to what's going on. Feel like I'm on the verge of learning something trying to help the guy.

• grabaseat
    86 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 9:07 PM

Really ? why would the forums admin who is approving the post in here allow this crap from forum trolls even posted when the guy is asking for help! Wait i know i forgot WGT dont give a *** they just like to think they got power!! My bad..continue to troll!!

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 8:49 AM

colbyeagles2day:
    is a cheap acer chromebook
    Chromebook keyboard...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 8:58 AM

Thanks so much for that, Scott, now I know.  :-)

How do you suppose you do things like get into the safe mode or the BIOS? I imagine a  key(s) after a control, like the CTRL key or both the CTRL key and the ALT key at the same time, something like that . Just a WAG.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:13 AM

ScottHope:

colbyeagles2day:
    Chromebook keyboard...

Unique keys on your Chromebook keyboard

Most of the keys on your Chromebook work the same as any other keyboard, but Chromebooks also have a few unique keys. To learn more about them, read below.

Note: If you're using a Windows keyboard with your Chromebook:

• The F keys at the top of the keyboard will work just like the keys below
    • The Windows key between Ctrl and Alt will work as the Search key
    Search Search your apps and the web
    To turn Caps Lock on or off, press Alt + Search.
    Previous page Go to the previous page in your browser history (F1)
    Next page Go to the next page in your browser history (F2)
    Refresh Reload your current page (F3)
    Full screen Hide the tabs and launcher in full-screen Immersive mode (F4)
    switch window Show all windows in Overview mode (F5)
    Decrease brightness Dim the screen (F6)
    Increase brightness Make the screen brighter (F7)
    Mute Mute (F8)
    Decrease volume Lower the volume (F9)
    Increase volume Raise the volume (F10)

Need to dig a little deeper I guess ;-(

Zoom in on the page Ctrl and +
    Zoom out on the page Ctrl and -
    Reset zoom level Ctrl + 0
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:28 AM

ZioMio:

Need to dig a little deeper I guess ;-(

Zoom in on the page Ctrl and +
    Zoom out on the page Ctrl and -
    Reset zoom level Ctrl + 0

It's in the zoom menu

enter image description here

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:43 AM

ScottHope:

colbyeagles2day:
    Chromebook keyboard...

Not knowing his model, what I found is the key directly above the 5 used with the shift key, is supposed to take it in and out of fullscreen.

But I also was able to find something about docking the screen, and resizing then doesnt work.

Also found, and this may not apply, as it was a Samsung unit.  When it was plugged into a TV, it dropped the screen size to small and it could not be ajusted.  (something about some keys on the display being greyed out).  There had to be some setting changed in the TV to get the screen bigger.  May this be the same thing that is going on with his plugged into a phone?

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 10:33 AM

grabaseat:

Really ? why would the forums admin who is approving the post in here allow this crap from forum trolls even posted when the guy is asking for help! Wait i know i forgot WGT dont give a *** they just like to think they got power!! My bad..continue to troll!!

You are probably referring to my post of last night, which I have since deleted.  But seeing that you did not quote anyone I can only guess.  And I did quote what I was referring to and whom my post was aimed.  There has been information offered and suggested to the OP, from others and from myself, and some of what has been asked of the OP was for more information.

We don't have a lot of information to go on, so most of us are only guessing at solutions.

Troll, if I fit that bill fine.  And I won't even post any pictures with this one, like the OP has been asked to do.

colbyeagles2day:

Hi when i got to play on my laptop my game screen is 1/4 of the original size and no matter what i do it wont get bigger u cant play at all cause everything is all jumbled on top of each other so playing the game is near impossible anyone with any suggestions would be wonderful thanks in advance.

Here he says he has a small screen and asks how to make it bigger.

colbyeagles2day:

Thanks guys cleared cache and i don't have an f11 button on my laptop older Acer but iv'e used it for 3 years no problem maybe its that fact i'm using a hot spot on my phone but i have it plugged into my laptop and its still quick i'm guessing that may be the problem because i make windows bigger still nothing my zoom is at 100 which it's supposed to be just fustrating

Now he says he makes it bigger.

colbyeagles2day:

lol like i said i dont have f11 f12 f1 f4 ??? is a cheap acer chromebook and i found out the answer if ur running game off hot spot on ur laptop u can't do it

Now he says he found the answer to his problem.

So now at this point we are guessing as to whether he even needs any help, and as to if either you or him will even revisit this topic.

RSS