Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • BShepherd9
    48 Posts
    Sat, May 20 2017 8:25 AM

Just played a very enjoyable game with Phillish144 of UFVG. The result after 18 holes was all square, but we did continue as we weren't 100% sure if halves were a result at the time of playing, with Phil winning the 19th hole.

All square was probably the most fitting outcome after one of the most even and close game I have played in, with neither of us looking like a clear winner at any stage. 

Thank you to Phil for the game and good luck to you for the rest of the tournament.

• jetrep7
    1,248 Posts
    Sat, May 20 2017 11:12 AM

Phillish144 reports ...

I just played BSHEPHERD9 from the Fair Play Golf Club. He is a TM and he said i was to give him 1 hole.

He set the game up. It was a very close game and we agreed to concede the hole near the end if required. I was one up at the 17th so conceded that hole. We halved the 18th so it went to extra holes and i won the first play off hole.

Final score ... Philish144, 1up after 19.

Ben is a top guy and i enjoyed the game very much, he said the same.

Phil

May 20th, 2017 - UFVG vs Fair Play Golf Club - Pebble Beach 18 hole Match Play Round

Philish144  UFVG  L vs BSHEPHERD9  FPGC  TM: Hole Allowances L vs TM = 1 Hole

Hole Conceded ... 17 

Final score ... Philish144 ... 1 up after 19.

• etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2017 3:06 AM

Craven Dale vs. The G.

All matches are played and the end result is 6 -6 .

A tie well played all.

E.

Keep me posted for round 3 pls?

• jetrep7
    1,248 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2017 12:31 PM

Solanna reports ...

Played my match with tdbandit, gave him holes 9 and 10. He had a pretty rough round, the game ended after l5 holes Solanna 5 up.

Erv

May 21st, 2017 - UFVG vs Fair Play Golf Club - Pebble Beach 18 hole Match Play Round

Solanna   UFVG  C  vs  tdbandit   FPGC  L  : Hole Allowances C vs L = 2 Holes

Holes Conceded ... 9 and 10 

Final score ... Solanna ... 5 and 4.

• jetrep7
    1,248 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2017 3:49 PM

TZL Round 2 Match Play at Pebble Beach

UFVG vs FPGC

All matches completed ...

Final Score :  UFVG - 7       FPGC - 5

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 3:33 PM

I'm waiting on some results not posted before I make up the table after the second round. Thanks all for getting your games played, it's still a close contest, only 3 points separate top and bottom

Good luck and craic to all at Best of Famous in June. 

Note, correction in the result below. There's no extra holes in any of the rounds -see page 1 under Player Pairings. 

The fact that the players didn't know the rule doesn't change the rule.

BSHEPHERD9  v  Philish144  - Match result A/S, 1/2 point each

FPGC v UFVG    Round result,  5-7 to UFVG

jetrep7:

Phillish144 reports ...

I just played BSHEPHERD9 from the Fair Play Golf Club. He is a TM and he said i was to give him 1 hole.

He set the game up. It was a very close game and we agreed to concede the hole near the end if required. I was one up at the 17th so conceded that hole. We halved the 18th so it went to extra holes and i won the first play off hole.

Final score ... Philish144, 1up after 19.

Ben is a top guy and i enjoyed the game very much, he said the same.

Phil

May 20th, 2017 - UFVG vs Fair Play Golf Club - Pebble Beach 18 hole Match Play Round

Philish144  UFVG  L vs BSHEPHERD9  FPGC  TM: Hole Allowances L vs TM = 1 Hole

Hole Conceded ... 17 

Final score ... Philish144 ... 1 up after 19.

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2017 4:30 AM

just confirming the earlier post from Etienne...

Craven dale 6 - 6 The georgian

a great match with a very fair outcome - thanks to all involved

• jetrep7
    1,248 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 6:46 AM

I thought this was a GOLF tournament ...

FYI ...There are NO TIES in match play.  AND, there is no instruction on page 1 that a game must end after 18 holes. The vague instructions simply state that matches (meaning contests) are 18 hole rounds. One would think all the golf rules pertaining to play apply. These include ties after stroke rounds and extended play when match rounds are tied after regulation.

It is bad enough, giving up HOLES (not strokes) to players that have played well OVER 100 match play rounds and can't seem to remember that conceding a hole is just that. BUT, to have to declare a tie is unreasonable. I wonder if the FPGC players would have done the same, had the "problems" been reversed.

Would like to hear from the other clubs on this point. 

Curt

• etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 3:36 PM

@ Jetrep7,

You play this tournament by the rules made by the person who started it in

the first place.

And you are correct in matchplay is no tie, but in this case overall the score

can be a tie.

E.

Guys lets have fun in the 3th round !!!

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 11:10 PM

jetrep7,

if you don't like the 'guidlines' of fair play, *** off an take your team with you, we can carry on with three clubs.

Cheats!

RSS