4,348 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 11:11 PM

Dubfore:
    *** off

F*CK OFF!!

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 11:25 PM

ps: read this, I've important things in my life going on that demand my time, and I'm not going to waste much more of it with the likes of you, but, I would love to hear from the rest of YOUR TEAM and what they think of this carry on from you and maybe others in that team.

Pardon me Monto, shut the f*ck up and stop complaining about things we agreed on before a shot was played!

I'll say it again, if you don't like it, leave the tournament, we can carry on with three clubs!

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 1:55 AM

Ok fellas

here is my two figsworth!....

The rules on page 1 of the thread did state that these were 18 hole matches.

The scoring quite clearly stated that 1/2 point would be awarded for a tie.

this clearly showed that a tie WAS a legitimate result therefore to my mind, anything that occurs on hole 19 is pretty much after the lord mayors show!..

The match finished at the end of hole 18

In the example given

In my humble opinion Phillish has unfortunately managed to effectively throw away his chance of winning the game.

the 2 players managed to take the tourney rules and between them decided that an unspecified hole "somewhere" later on??...would be conceded - an absolutely prime opportunity for chaos to descend!

the rules do not call for ANY conceding of holes - and this is an example of something simple being made harder by human intervention.

simply play your 18 holes THEN apply any handicap required.

if i am conceding 4 holes start to my opponent then i know BEFORE i begin that i need to win by 5 holes ....this could not be any more straightforward!

i was asked for my opinion on this before the round began and i stated clearly then that i believed that introducing the concession of holes was confusing and pointless - i am sorry that it would appear that for once i was correct!!!

the shame of the situation appears to be that both players seemed to have enjoyed their game and both seemed to pretty much agree that a tie would be a fair result..............how on earth we get from that point to the outbreak of world war 3 - i know not!

in summary:

Game enjoyed by both players

Game tied according to rules of tourney

take 1/2 point each, shake hands, move on!

• jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 4:43 AM

Thank you for the input Mike.

Phill (a Legend) was required to concede 1 hole to BShepherd9 (a TM) per the hole allowances charts introduced and modified just before the tournament started.

The question of FPGC was to clarify the instructions that were agreed upon at the beginning of the tournament, which UFVG was brought into late, played honestly, and tried to act accordingly to the rules.

There were changes introduced after the agreed tournament started. I was informed that all teams were ask to approved the changes and the results would be relayed. Coordination of team replies have not been made. 

As for the outrage from the commander of the FPGC ... I will relay to my team and get back to this forum regarding our decision in a couple days. Needless to say, I have no further comment for him.

Curt

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 5:30 AM

The Shot of the Round is CANCELLED.   The draw for the sleeves will be announced soon.

Thanks,  you got that almost spot on wtiger22, but I disagree that introducing 'concessions was confusing and pointless".  That's like saying the handicaps in all golf is confusing and pointless.  I repeat, fair play is good sport, hence the handicaps.

It seems to me that nobody got confused, they just didn't read the guidelines!!  As I said, because players didn't familiarise themselves with the guidelines/rules, doesn't mean they should make up new ones.

The rest of your points are spot on.

If the UFVG club don't move on from this and stop unnecessary complaints or attempts at taking undeserved points or half points, Jetrep7 is out of the tournament.

Will the other team managers copy/paste (to club forum) the first post on page 1 and ask their teams to read it please.

No further discussion on this is neccessary. MOVE ON PLEASE.

Good luck everyone in the next round,

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 5:58 AM

From page 1...

Dubfore:
    Match Play hole allowances should be given before teeing off, this will save any possible confusion during the matches.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 6:00 AM

From page 1....

Dubfore:

April  Round  1  Merion     18 Stroke Play  -  See tier shot allowances below

May  Rd  2  Pebble Beach     18 Match Play  -  See tier hole allowances below

June  Rd 3  Best of Famous     18 Stroke Play  -  Tier  shot allowances 

July  Rd 4  Kiawah Island     18 Match Play   -  Tier hole allowances 

August  Rd 5  Pinehurst No. 2     18 Stroke Play  -  Tier  shot allowances 

September  Rd 6  Oakmont     18  Match Play   -  Tier hole allowances 

***********************************

PAIRINGS - RESULTS - TABLES  http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/457916.aspx

LEAGUE WEBSITE  http://challonge.com/TimeZonesGolfClubLeague2017

Tier difference shot allowances over 18 holes stroke play

C v TL = 0      TL  v   L  = 1     L v TM = 2    TM v M  = 3     M v TP = 2    TP v P = 2

C  v  L = 3      TL  v  TM = 3     L v  M  = 4    TM v TP = 3    M v  P  = 3

C v TM = 4     TL  v   M  = 4     L v TP = 5    TM v  P = 5  

C v M = 6        TL  v  TP =  6     L v P    = 7

C v TP = 7      TL  v  P    = 7  

C v P =  8

• jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 6:06 AM

Please excuse the question ... but is this what means the game is over after 18 holes?? and a tie is reported? 

Tournament Guidelines to Note

Match scoring: 1 point for each player win, a half point for a tie

All matches over 18 holes play ranked - default conditions

I really haven't read when a tie is declared and is scored. I can understand one following a stroke round as the game ends. Maybe I have overlooked something in the page one instructions. My only real question is ... where is it?

Please copy and post in a reply.  Thanks.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 7:23 AM

jetrep7:

Please excuse the question ... but is this what means the game is over after 18 holes?? and a tie is reported? 

I really haven't read when a tie is declared and is scored. I can understand one following a stroke round as the game ends. Maybe I have overlooked something in the page one instructions. My only real question is ... where is it?

Please copy and post in a reply.  Thanks.

Jetrep7,

Go to page 1 and read it also , as I have  posted below.  I have put it in bold, italics and underlined it.  I copied all of the original post down to that section.  It is under the Tournament Guidelines to note section.  Just above it i've marked it as shown here:

----------------LOOK HERE----------------------LOOK HERE--------------LOOK HERE--------

Time Zones Golf Club League 2017 

Starting April 1st,  playing six rounds up to September, clubs play each other twice (stroke + match play) in club two round robin series. Clubs 12 team players (+ two subs) from Pro-Champion tiers. Player match-ups posted below.

Thanks everyone for taking part and also appreciation to the team organisors and captains for their input.  Thanks to Joe (scarecrow) for the very nice trophy and cabinet, (and maybe winners momentos?).  :-)

Some may wonder why I've posted all the 'guidelines' below. Based on experience, the guidelines are more or less answers to questions that have been asked in previous tournaments. Anything not covered in the guidelines, ask any time.

It should be a tournament of good craic, best of luck and enjoyment to all.

Fair Play is Good Sport.

Michael.  (Dubfore)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Club v Club Fixtures & Results       

LEAGUE TABLE                                                      

P       W        H         L       Pts               Void      

THE GEORGIAN                      24      13         0        11      13                  

UNITED FEDERATION VG      24      12         2        10      13

CRAVEN DALE CC                  24      11         0        13      11

FAIR PLAY GOLF CLUB         24       9          2        13      10

W = 1 point

H = 1/2 point

Player Pairings                                           

Opponents should link up and play asap, best to link up by friend request and private msgs, wall posts are not always noticed.  See time zone differences below.

--------------------LOOK HERE---------------LOOK HERE---------------------LOOK HERE----

90 second clock - 5  timeouts - Allowing for the site/game errors

To Mike:

Holes conceded have to be given at the start of the match to ensure that 18 holes can be played.  When the Handicap allowance is 1 hole, they will only play 18 if they are All Square after 17.  This question came up in our CC Forum and our team members were told to handle it this way. 
    To everyone:

The rules seem straight forward, and any questions should have been brought up prior to the start of competition.  Not afterwards in an attempt to secure a win and a point when the results are a tie after 18 holes.
    Does anyone have anymore questions?
    Jeff (phred952)
  • jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 9:23 AM

So my question simply answered is "Yes Curt, that is correct."

Thank you.

As I am very new to the complications of the terms, let me be sure of this ...

The term default conditions means that ... The match ends after 18 holes and scores are reported from there.

Simple reply to a simple question. Appreciated.

Please verify

RSS