Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2017 3:02 PM

The League Table is Wrong ...

It was the UFVG that tied Craven Dale CC ... 6 to 6.

NOT the Fair Play Golf Club.

Please review ...

Curt

• jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2017 3:44 PM

If someone gives 4 holes ... and after 14, that person is up by 4; the WGT game will allow a 15th hole to be played. BUT, in the TZL terms, the match would be tied.

Then, say the 15th hole is tied, or the giving person wins it. The WGT game would be over either 4 and 3 or 5 and 3. But, in TZL terms it would be even, or 1 up with 3 more holes to play. If the receiving person wins and is 1 up (5 to 4), there are still the 3 holes left where the giving person can turn this into a win. The WGT game would allow continued play ... still Dormie, giving player up 3 with 3 to play. But, if the giving player wins or their is a tie, the WGT game would end.

Either player can still win the match in the next 3 ... unplayed holes. This penalizes both players.

Am I looking at this wrong??

In my mind, the match round is 18 holes of play, unless a player is up by more than the number of holes left to play. If this be true, and we play this game on the WGT gaming field, the only possible handicap that could work is 1. And, if there is a tie after 18 ..its a tie.

If the 1 handicap be the only fit, then match play games can only be with players of equal or 1 tier difference, to be fair.

• jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 2:41 AM

OK ... Now that I messed this up sufficiently. Here's what I think it really is about.

The "allowances" is about conceding holes in the match. Not necessarily the last, nor the first holes. As long as the number of holes awarded to the receiving player is provided within the course of play. We can do this.

So, I stand corrected. 

It is also just part of the round if another hole is conceded, aside form the agreed allowance, due to a player having a bad hole and just wanting to get on with the match. This concede is NOT considered a "trade off" or anything more than just a lost hole by the player conceding. That's just match play golf.

When you enter the recap in this forum, note which holes you conceded as an "allowance" as well as the final score. That will help eliminate any further confusion.

Thanks for your understanding as I am new to this ... Curt

• jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 11:18 AM

I see the League Standings Table has been corrected. Thank you, Michael.

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 12:38 PM

BOWL64 Cravendale CC reporting:

2:nd round Cravendale CC vs The Georgian. Pebble Beach 18 hole Matchplay.

BOWL64 Cravendale CC - Bushbeater4 The Georgian - 1/0

Cravendale cc win.

A very nice game against a very nice gentleman, Tim, who was 2 up after 4 holes. With a combination of skill and luck i managed to win the match 1/0.

Bjorn :)

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 1:37 PM

Bowl64 from Craven Dale CC wins our May Match play at Pebble Beach by one hole over  Bushbeater4 from the Georgian CC.

I just finished my Match with Bowl64 (Bjorn) from Sweden.  We were evenly matched both being legends so no holes to give....  We played a back and forth game with me up 2 holes after 9 but I fell apart on the back nine as usual and he caught me by 14.  I actually went a hole down on 16 but it took til the last hole and my last lousy putt to seal the deal for Bjorn. 

He was a very good opponent and a gracious winner.  I enjoyed the game a lot all except the losing part.

Tim

• jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 3:56 AM

labossm reports ...

May 4th, 2017 - UFVG vs Fair Play Golf Club - Pebble Beach 18 hole Match Play Round

labossm ( Mike ) L vs Billyirl ( Billy ) TM: Hole Allowances L vs TM = 1

Crazy round to say the least. I conceded the 1st hole as per allowances. Match ended with  it 1 up.

Mike

This score was changed to a tie per request from FPGC.

Make changes to the overall scoresheet.

• etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 10:24 AM

Update from the G.

Etienne5361 got his ass kicked today, and i wasnt even playing badly !

But HVwack well played i think -8 or -9 on PB after 14 holes is great.

So the result  HVwack   vs.  etienne5361   6&4   (auwch)

Etienne

• jetrep7
    1,256 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 4:51 PM

threescompany200 reports ...

played my match with Gasur from  FPGC  May 5. at pebble Beach.Tied every hole up to the 12th   It was a good close match all the way. I managed to take the lead  and  the game ended after hole 16 being up by 3.  

Barry 

TZL 2nd Round Match Play at Pebble Beach; 5 May.

Gasur, FPGC, L vs threescomapny200, UFVG ... Final; threescompany 3 and 2

• Sirbugger
    394 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 3:16 AM

Georgian v Craven Dale

Sirbugger def 0987654321A 

enjoyed the match and company

RSS