Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment lost

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 22 2017 8:34 AM (5 replies)
  • fresybrown
    10 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2017 6:54 AM

While i was chipping my callaway ball changed to a starter ball and all of my 3 ball pack disappeared from my equipment.What happenend? Are there hackers or what?Please,an answer or are they kidding us.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:41 AM

All credit purchased balls wear out . The starter ball is the only exception it never wears out and unless its either hit out of bounds or into water it will never be replaced . So as the ball wears out it will be replaced by the same brand of ball until you run out of that brand . Once that happens then it will be replaced by the free ball .

The game should have been telling you that you were down to your last ball and given you the option to buy more of that ball brand . If you ignored that notice then this is what will happen every time you play out your last ball . During play if you look below there is a white bar that is titled Hits that is your ball life register . As you play it will decrease in color from white to red . That means that the ball is wearing out .

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2017 1:36 PM

fresybrown:

While i was chipping my callaway ball changed to a starter ball and all of my 3 ball pack disappeared from my equipment.What happenend?

fresybrown:

While i was chipping my callaway ball changed to a starter ball and all of my 3 ball pack disappeared from my equipment.What happenend? Are there hackers or what?Please,an answer or are they kidding us.

Please,an answer or are they kidding us.

Probably Russian hackers, maybe Ukrainian. WGT will contact the FBI to see if they can recover your balls from the dark web. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:40 PM

fresybrown:
    While i was chipping my callaway ball changed to a starter ball and all of my 3 ball pack disappeared from my equipment.What happenend?

From what I can see you bought them on the 19th and have played 2 x 18 holes and 1 X 9 holes since then,  No mp, alt shot, skins etc (anything mobile? that often confuses me, or practice).  A total of 185 hits minus 82 putts (45 holes at 1.82 per hole) =103 hits, about what one ball lasts.

A couple of possible explanations would be;  you lost two out of bounds or in the water, or started but didn't complete rounds.  I'm just guessing though. 

• fresybrown
    10 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2017 1:52 AM

Thank you for the information.Now I understand how it works and where the cheat is.How can a ball wear out so quickly?Thought as a golfer,a ball is lost when you hit it out of bounds,but wear out?It's still a funny game,

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2017 8:34 AM

Real golf balls wear out, e.g. by scratches from the grooves, and ambitious amateurs may use a new ball in every game or even more frequently.

Here, ball life is counted, about 90 - 120 strokes per ball, varying with the "durability". It's not a cheat, and I seek no parallel to real balls but rather consider it the entry fee to the game. Good thing is, we can chose the price ourselves, from zero up...

RSS