WGT messing with games

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:12 PM (21 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 2:41 AM

srflan:
    I was a -2 on St. Andrews had a 7 foot putt it went 100 yards

As others have suggested you were on the fringe where the automatic putter setting is 300ft (100 yards).  You thought you were on the 10ft so hit it full power allowing for the fringe to slow it?

srflan:
    ...then I putted 75 yards down hill and ball went 15 ft. pass the hole

I'm not really sure what the complaint is there, if you could explain further may help.

srflan:
    It looks like the Wgt did not want me to beat a tour master. Why does the Wgt do this   VERY UNETHICAL  all will see this

That is just ridiculous, if wgt were doing this don't you think the forum would be full of people complaining.  Maybe even with some evidence.

You could go on thinking wgt are out to get you, and you will just be waiting for the next thing to happen, or you could think about what happened.  Where exactly was I?  What did I check? what was the slope behind the pin like? etc etc, and work out what actually happened.

If you really need to blame wgt could I suggest something that's at least arguably true like; why do wgt set the putters to 300ft in the fringe?  Has anyone ever wanted that setting?  In fact why not make the default a wedge and then we can change to a putter (with the right scale) if wanted.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 2:53 AM

+100 Friedel!

I used to try&pull their legs, but I don't any more (so often).

But, this time again, I might have been fooled to give a helpful answer to such sucker who might never re-appear.

Dir alles Gute!

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:02 AM

Some of what the OP says is total BS. Even if he was on the fringe from 7 feet and he was given the 100 foot meter the putt would not have gone 100 yards or 300 feet! And has any of you ever seen a putt that would as 75 yards downhill??? Even if he is talking total distanice there are only a few greens that could have a downhill putt 225 feet. And if he is trying to say that the slope was 75 yards or 225 feet downhill well.... the isn't any green like that in this game. Even the treehouse 15th at BPB is only 36 inches downhill.

Plus reading both his posts and seeing the simple words spelled so poorly I have to think he is just a kid. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:17 AM

borntobesting:

Some of what the OP says is total BS.

SomeMore like all.  If I remember correctly maybe only 1 green, and it's on the back 9 could you ever be that far away from the pin.  But to hit a 7 foot putt, and end up there, almost utterly impossible without really screwing up.  And that is not on WGT.

Shot routine has been mentioned, me thinks OP needs to learn that.  Wgt will never fix that for him.

And none of this is aimed at BTB.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 8:58 AM

"Plus reading both his posts and seeing the simple words spelled so poorly I have to think he is just a kid."

BTB;

Sadly...many of the posts I've read on here indicate that one has nothing to do with the other.

ct

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 9:06 AM

We have all thought this since day one. True-False we shall never know. I have made so many unbelievable shots over the years and then miss a 2 foot putt. WGT had a plan from the original concept and has had us all hooked. Play the game for fun, make friends, enjoy yourself and stop complaining. I sound like a broken record, it took me way to long to understand this. Now I just pop in and have a great time with my friends (who will accept me) as a partner. It's a game people, nothing else.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 10:09 AM

Perfectly right Rich!

Whatever we want or expect here, the result should be FUN!

OTOH, our host is looking for REVENUE, and these interests may match or not.

Those who like it can play, those who complain can only stay if their FUN is to complain...

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 10:32 AM

As has already been noted, a good pre-shot routine is crucial. Otherwise, a person could end up doing this... (see link below). After the first putt, I love how the avatar is just standing there for a few seconds as if to say "What the heck did I just do!?!?" 

Always check the putting scale. And by the way, that's how a person 3-putts from about 8 feet or so. :-) 

https://everyplay.com/videos/31696933

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:23 AM

Some of us get it, some of us don't. This is just a game. Nothing is perfect. I had a moment on Sept. 5th 1970 when I thought I was perfect. I married my 16 year old bride, well 46 years later, I have figured out nothing is perfect. I still love her and have her with me every day and night. So you see, nothing is perfect.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:31 AM

renniw52:

Some of us get it, some of us don't. This is just a game. Nothing is perfect. I had a moment on Sept. 5th 1970 when I thought I was perfect. I married my 16 year old bride, well 46 years later, I have figured out nothing is perfect. I still love her and have her with me every day and night. So you see, nothing is perfect.

Sounds to me like you have it just about perfect Rich. And that moment of perfection has lasted for 46 years.

46 years. That's not a wife, that's part of your soul.

I hope you get to have many more years of devotion and love.

Single best thing I ever did in my entire life was marry my wife. 14 years and 2 months now, and we're still totally in love. She's my rock and my strength.

What you have IS perfect.

RSS