Forums

Help › Forums

WGT messing with games

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:12 PM (21 replies)
  • srflan
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 4:38 PM

I was a -2 on St. Andrews had a 7 foot putt it went 100 yards...then I putted 75 yards down hill and ball went 15 ft. pass the hole It looks like the Wgt did not want me to beat a tour master. Why does the Wgt do this   VERY UNETHICAL  all will see this

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 7:27 PM

srflan:

I was a -2 on St. Andrews had a 7 foot putt it went 100 yards...then I putted 75 yards down hill and ball went 15 ft. pass the hole It looks like the Wgt did not want me to beat a tour master. Why does the Wgt do this   VERY UNETHICAL  all will see this

Dude, you would have trouble beating an egg.

Pre-shot routine.........remember those word. it might save you some embarrassment.

Or perhaps that tin foil hat needs adjusting.....

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 9:20 PM

Methinks someone's brain might be -2. Or should that be +12

All I can say on a positive note is that should it happen again OP, save a replay so all, inc WGT, can see it.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 10:56 PM

alanti:
    Pre-shot routine

This!

§1: The automatic setting is disputable, if not wrong. Always!

§2 for putting: Check the scale. Always! Check if the ball is on the fringe, knowing that the putting scale will be offset to "high".

@alanti, @Phil: (corrected)

No need to bash or mob a player for this common error - you have done it, too!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 11:20 PM

alosso:

@alanti, @srflan:

Yes but here he is in  May 2015....same conspiracy theory....

srflan:

IS your game altered when you play a legion?  I missed easy putts I don't miss and when I started a comeback my meter went crazy . How can I have a fair game when the wgt won't let me? Is this the way the wgt dose business? hope not ...but it sure looks this way...or was this legion using some sort of cheating program

So a total of 2 posts 8 months apart both saying the game is at fault or conspiring against him......never has asked a question on why he is inept.....he deserves the contempt that I bestowed upon him.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:17 AM

and as for a dose from WGT, I think we've all suffered that during our time here. God bless the walk-in day clinics.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:40 AM

Wonder if it was like this but 3 times further?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:50 AM

alanti:

alosso:

@alanti, @srflan:

[...]

I meant Phil as the second basher, but I didn't look on sr's profile. A Master member of four years should have known what I told him.

Still, methinks that some milder form of acid sarcasm might have done ;)

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 1:11 AM

alosso:

alanti:

alosso:

@alanti, @srflan:

[...]

I meant Phil as the second basher, but I didn't look on sr's profile. A Master member of four years should have known what I told him.

Still, methinks that some milder form of acid sarcasm might have done ;)

Paul, he's in a reasonably active CC. His stats are even worse than mine. His clubs are very poor and perhaps he can't afford new clubs (or better balls) but I don't believe that there isn't a single person on his friend list that hasn't offered advice, at the very least.

On the other hand, I can't see where he has last played in a single CC tournament.

I think that Phil and Alan's critique was fair, given that he appears to have made no attempt to improve his game.

Cheers,

Peter

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 1:55 AM

Bashing the wgt-bashers is a sort of self defence in my opinion. There are far too much of ever-the-same complains by persons that all seem to act the same way:

If your game sucks, complain in the forum.

If your computer sucks, complain in the forum.

If your wife doesn`t ... Well, complain in the forum.

Never go to the forum to ask for reasons or a good advice, never go there to read what the top players tell you about how to play the game, never go and practise, because all that could lead you to better skills and better results and become a better player. No, it`s much better and easier and wiser to complain in the forum.

Just my two cents, I am so bored of all those complains everywhere around here.

RSS