Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Balls

Wed, Dec 15 2010 1:39 PM (41 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:37 PM

There is very little that bothers me here at WGT. However, I prefer using the spin golf ball for the skill challenge games. A jumpy swing meter helped me dump two of these balls into the water today. It annoyed me and yet I must ask who is being cheap. Is it WGT for being a ball hawk and keeping my .334 cent ball or is it me for allowing the issue to trouble me.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:45 PM

I'd be furious if I lost a ball due to a jumpy swing meter.

I mentioned previously that WGT should not take away a player's ball if it went OB, especially with the swing meter issues that many people are experiencing.

Or at least give players a "Look for Ball" option where the player may find his/her ball, or find another ball (with the quality and the type of the ball being random), or perhaps find nothing at all.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 5:06 AM

Advertising Possibility.....  Hit the "Search for Ball" button.... pops up your favorite beer add... (or whatever else you prefer) for like 10-15 seconds.... then it comes back and says "You found it!" or "It's gone dude....give it up" or "Stop holding up the group behind you for $#%# sake!"

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 5:24 AM

LOL, I like that.

I could see it going something like this:

Player shoots ball into pond, and then hits the "Search for Ball" button.

Jeopardy music starts up along with 15 second commercial for Coors Light: "Now you too can feel as cold and refreshed as the ball you just shot into the pond by enjoying an ice cold Coors Light."

Once commercial is done, pop up window gives you the status of your search.

If the search is done in MP, instead of having to hit your shot in 90 seconds, you now have only a 45 second time frame.

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 4:12 PM

I don't think you should lose balls during any of the challenges.  It isn't a real round and it takes out some of the spirit of going for it when you know you're going to lose a ball if you try to cut it too close to the water.  I think that WTG is being cheap in the area of balls and I also think that they should give more credits when you advance in rank.  500 instead of 100 to allow you to buy things as you advance rather than be stuck with the same clubs.  I don't really feel like putting out money to buy because it's better to earn the ranks and credits and because this is a beta and could go away.  I think a little more advertising is what they need.  Maybe a beer commercial comes up when you lose a ball.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:02 PM

I believe what he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• wldgtx
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 9:37 AM

I am a bit confused, if you buy golf balls, do you only get so many of them, do they last for a certain period of time or certain number of rounds?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 10:06 AM

wldgtx:

I am a bit confused, if you buy golf balls, do you only get so many of them, do they last for a certain period of time or certain number of rounds?

Check the link, it should answer most if not all of your questions regarding the golf balls for purchase here:

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#balls

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 11:43 AM

wldgtx:
    Yes and yes.... 

Pro Shop - Balls  from the FAQS over there ----->  should have been your first stop. 

Have a nice day.

• acpee
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 11:35 AM

I agree that the lost ball thing sucks for purchased balls....

....another question: why are the GI-D colored balls more expensive?

RSS