Forums

Help › Forums

More Premium Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 31 2009 7:55 PM (22 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 4:55 AM

When I first started back playing WGT which was June there was a selection of premium tournaments available.  Now there are none that are available for me to play and it creates a lack of interest in playing.  I would love to see three to four premium tournaments a month that are tier related or even let them only be masters tier.  This would create a real desire for people to get better. 

I would love to see a premium single play, two round tournament, and four round tournament.  They could cost one dollar a round and the prize could be minimal.  But it would help with keeping your regulars happy and might even get them talking even more about how great this site is. 

I hope you take into consideration as I believe this is the sentiment of many masters players.

Thunder

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:35 AM

Suck you into buying clubs and now they get ya with balls...:)

'Perfect' business plan; capitalistic model at its best

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:05 PM

Tournament wise, August has been the most lackluster month we've had since the inception of stroke play last October and the November immediately after that.

Ever since last December we've had at least two premium tourneys, so this month really felt like a step in the wrong direction.

I hope September isn't a repeat of August. :(

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:37 PM

Look at Septembers list....appears to be the same format as this month.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:45 PM

Ugh man.  Ugh.

Is anyone else getting to the 'hey, what's the point in playing so much when there's nothing really to play for" stage?

Don't get me wrong, the free tourneys are fun and all and I'm not being ungrateful, but... I dunno.  The drive isn't there to work that hard for what, maybe $3 on the average?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 1:01 PM

If we only knew what was upcoming, it might help belay the sentiments expressed above. 

Apathy is what you get when you disenfranchise the players.

1,644 Posts

nivlac:
    Is anyone else getting to the 'hey, what's the point in playing so much when there's nothing really to play for" stage?

Right there with ya bud!

• thunderbird
    381 Posts

I was looking at the tournament list as I wrote this.  I remember them saying to look out for premium tournaments that would run through september.  But I have yet to see one.  I think this is a real issue when you have the top players responding with the most posts and the most rounds.  WGT hear the voice of the players.  Give us more tournaments and see how many people will get on here. 

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 1:20 PM

When they said they were talking about premium tourneys running through september, I think they were referring to the ADT skills challenge.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 1:52 PM

Agree with all this.

RSS