Mobile Version is getting worse and worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:11 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:27 AM

Hey, Simon:

The ball I found that has worked best for me is the Nike Nike 20XI--X RZN (L81+). But the Nike 20XI--X (L71+) balls are just behind it. From my experience, both are excellent and play very smoothly on my iPad. While I'd be happy with either, I like the little slower meter speed on the L81+.

For the longest time, however, I played the Callaway Chrome Soft (L33+) ball. I only switched because I wanted something with a bit more distance and a little slower meter speed. Plus, I had built up a lot of credits so I wasn't as worried about the cost of balls. Nevertheless, I still think, at 250 credits/sleeve, the Callaway L33+ remains the best value ball in the pro shop.

A couple of balls that didn't work well for me were the Volvik Crystal (L51+) ball and the Nike 20XI--X RZN (L61+). For whatever reason, with both balls, the meter was glitchy for me. I especially had problems with pitching with each of those balls. I tried both because I saw people who had posted those two balls are really good. But they just didn't work out for me. 

A little while back, I also tried the Callaway Truvis Chrome Soft ball (L67). The ball is really smooth and nice. For me, that ball putted very nicely. But at 625 credits a sleeve and only 2.0 dots of durability, that's a fairly pricey ball. And even though it's a great ball, it's not that much better than the Nike (L81+) ball.

So when the NIke balls go away, I'm not sure what ball I'll play. Obviously, I'll see what they replace the Nike balls with. But I certainly could see myself going back to the Callaway (L33+) ball or play the Callaway Truvis (L67+). I still have a lot of credits banked that the extra cost of Truvis wouldn't be a big deal to me. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:17 AM

@Robert1893

Wow... man! Thanks for the detailed info.

Probably the fact that most of stuff (including balls) recommended by others don't work has something to do with the difference between PC & mobile platforms.

And yes, I've seen lots of players using the Callaway Chrome Soft Ball (L33+). It's because of its high cost-effectiveness ratio. Maybe I'll give a try on it.

Thanks, Robert.

Simon

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:19 AM

@Simon

You're very welcome.  

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 4:20 PM

You might look at the L34 Cally.  Slower meter, longer distance then the 33.  Less spin also.  450 sleeve

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:32 AM

@garyk49

Too pricey... :-(

Thanks for the tip though, Gary.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:11 AM

In the budget rack, I'd have a look at Srixon and Tour-SD. There are a lot of positive reports on the Srixon, and the Tour-SD is the low cost ball for the quick eye. There are also slower versions available but I didn't check if they are priceworthy.

I played the Tour-SD until I slowed down my pace, and the L33 Cally is a whole level better.

• PAGES
RSS