Mobile Version is getting worse and worse

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:11 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:04 PM

Hey all :)

I've been playing the mobile version of this game since over a year now and enjoyed it when i started. i spend a lot of time learning how this game works. when i found out the basic things i decided to play more and i wanted to compete with all the great names here at wgt. there was a time when i was close to where i wanted to be but then wgt came with all their great updates and improvements. one new thing, one fixed bug - multiple problems... i have spent some money but the last months have been a disaster... i have sent multiple emails to customer service with proof of the bugs etc. their response is always the same. Q/A is looking into it. no more response. i lost (todays count) 47 balls in the last 3 months. if there would be a statistic i would lead it i think. thanks to wgt's generosity i got 3 balls back in good believe... maaaan are u kidding me? i want to answer in public here so that everyone can read it: NO it's not my device - i tried multiple devices already. NO it's not my fault. NO there's nothing wrong with my game (probably there is but if i'd loose 47 balls in 3 months i'd never made it to champion tier nor would i play this game because i'd realized that i'm to weak for this game). I really like(d) this game but this is a real cheek. 

so to the recent bugs:

- No wind speed/shotpanel/distance shown for several holes (2-14 holes)

- Shots with irons or driver/wood that are between 20-100yd too short/long (i'm not hitting something) f.e. congressional 9 (par5) today. hit a 3 wood from 347yds shot carry over the green... (must be at least 380yds) 

- Meter stuttering like on the pc version (always the same holes). i push the screen and a second later the meter stops...

- playing mobile games on pc

and the funny thing is... there's one out of 10 days where everything works fine. i play the next 9 days and nothing works. how should you finish a round properly if you have no idea how hard the wind will hit your ball, or how far your shot will go?! 

Please fix these bugs otherwise i can't play anymore because i can't afford it!

ps.: don't say there's no other player having these problems. i messaged a few players and they have seen these bugs as well!

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:27 AM

Hey Stefan. Geez, I wish I could help you out mate. I've seen (and continue to see) the wind bug you refer to but, for me, it's easily fixed by tapping one of the menus in either top corner to make it return. The others I haven't experienced, especially a 380yd 3-wood!? That's nuts!

I hope you can get it all fixed and running the way it used to run for you. Let me know how it works out and let me know if you're down for a game, I'm ready for another beating from you :) good luck mate, cheers.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:41 AM

@stizzle1988

I'm not doubting anything you've written, but I haven't experienced any of those problems. The game has played pretty consistently for me. (By the way, I play on an iPad.) 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:45 AM

Not saying that you are not having issues here, and I do not play on mobile, but, that particular shot sounds like you went over the fairway a bit and hit that cart path that runs between it and the green. That easily can propel the ball another 100+ yards up and over the green. Been there and done that, lol.

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:49 AM

Hey Robert, 

i play on an iPad too since 1 1/2 months. honestly it's not any better than my old tablet. i first thought it has something to do with my "old" tablet (2years or something). when i bought the iPad not long ago i thought it only could be better but my thinking was proved wrong after some time. it works best on my phone but the screen is a bit small :)))

@twinpond: i know that you can hit the path but as i said i did not hit the path because the ball landed there carry! i could not make a screenshot because wind and shot panel were gone (like the screenshot above). if you have 347 yd to the green i would assume to have headwind so i took a shot with my 3wood with full bs. not sure exactly how far the path is from the green but i suppose it's around 30-40yd. so with full bs i would not have reached it!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:43 AM

stizzle1988:

- No wind speed/shotpanel/distance shown for several holes (2-14 holes)

I don't know about anything else, but I think I can help you out with this.

I experience the same problem once in a while and every time I get this, I click on the upper left corner of the screen as if I wanted to check the hole info (then you'll see a panel sliding in from the left end of the screen) and just close it back. You will see the wind direction & speed / distance to the pin appearing again. (I've never had any trouble with the shotpanel, though. It's weird that you do...)

I'm an Android mobile player by the way.

Hope it helps a bit.

Simon

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:54 AM

stizzle1988:
    i play on an iPad too since 1 1/2 months. honestly it's not any better than my old tablet. i first thought it has something to do with my "old" tablet (2years or something). when i bought the iPad not long ago i thought it only could be better but my thinking was proved wrong after some time. it works best on my phone but the screen is a bit small :)))

That sounds frustrating. There have been a couple of times that I experience a meter glitch. And some balls seem to work better than others, with respect to the meter. While, overall, I think the mobile platform is very stable, it also has its glitchy moments like the web-based game. No doubt about that. 

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 12:58 AM

@Robert - I thought that too but since three months it's a mess on my devices. i tried at least 5 tablets/phones but it's the same on every device. i guess my phone works best... :)

@Simon - thanks for your input. i tried that before as i've discussed this with other mobile players before. it seems for some this is working - for some not. i can close the game -  restart it and the parts of the wind/shot panel are still missing. so this is not working for me.

if it would come back i would not make a big drama but if you have a few holes with no information of the wind(speed) it's barely impossible to play without loosing balls or get away with a bogey etc. :) 

i hope they will fix this and i can continue playing like before. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 11:23 AM

stizzle1988:
    if it would come back i would not make a big drama but if you have a few holes with no information of the wind(speed) it's barely impossible to play without loosing balls or get away with a bogey etc. :) 

Man... It's gotta be really frustrating, but you still manage to keep your smile. I admire your attitude, Stizzle.

Hope WGT will fix it soon.

P.S.: I didn't even realize you were from my C.C. LOL Friend request sent. Cheers!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 3:03 AM

Robert1893:
    And some balls seem to work better than others, with respect to the meter.

Hi Robert, :-)

Is that right? So "the slower the meter is, the smoother it gets" is not the inexorable truth, huh? Then which ball do you think provides the most ideal meter speed for mobile players?

Yeah... now I've been thinking a bit, I guess your statement makes sense because in my case, ironically enough, I tend to ding more often with TaylorMade R15 Sets + NIKE 20XI-X Balls (L71+) than with NIKE Vapor Fly Series + Volvik Crystal Ball (L26+) or Callaway Hex Chrome (L39+) although the combination of R15 Sets & NIKE 20XI-X Ball always feels much faster.

Anyway, I'm getting rid of all NIKE 20XI-X Balls because 1) they will be gone sooner or later from the pro shop and 2) they're too expensive to use for my tight budget.

• PAGES
RSS