Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.

Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:58 PM (39 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 2:20 AM

Well done to everyone involved! Fantastically run, fantastically played and a fantastic memory for Dennis! I agree totally with what Alanti has said above. :)

As Paul eluded above...it's not over until the fat guy in the pink tutu sings (and I'm not sure if that's a good idea lol)....

So, over to Jure (mkrizan86) and BigKnight for the Final Final. This one's for fun, for you two guys to enjoy a final sand slinging contest in a search of extra-terrestrial life on St Andrews. Dennis has sent me a small request from t'other side as to the conditions:

18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)

Front tees

Champ greens

Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.

Play as and when you are both able to arrange the match - we'll look forward to a match report here and a stream/recording of the match if either of you are able to.

Once again, thanks to all those that made this Memorial something special. Now we can look forward to next year's Andyson Memorial event.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:34 PM

Congrats to Jure for winning this! Looking forward to our Final Final. Conditions look to be fun...hopefully we can iron out a time over the next week or so :)

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:59 PM

well done you guys, and hats off to Bery111.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 3:30 PM

bery111:

18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)

Front tees

Champ greens

Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.

I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 7:16 PM

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:28 AM

mkrizan86:

I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.

This may or may not help "confuse" your opponent:

Not sure how long the putter will take to dry after a spray, so use at your discretion! :D

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:30 AM

PaulTon:

TY Paul - fantastic trophy once again. Good thing I'm not "in it to win it" - most people say I've got several screws loose and no one wants to be picking up those brackets after I've been at them! lol

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:54 PM

Starting in a few minutes, sadly no twitch.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:25 PM

The Final of all Finals is over. Twas a great time had by Jure and I as we toasted one last time to a great friend and WGT player...conditions were so much fun....starter balls on champ greens with a starter putter? lol.....

We traded the lead on the front at ST A. and came to the turn AS...Jure did a much better job than I of figuring out the putter, and was solid on the back nine. He won 4up.

Was a pleasure to make another new friend, and I enjoyed our chat along the way.

Cheers!

=bk=

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:30 PM

Let me start by saying another thank you to all who organised this event as a tribute to our dear friend Dennis, who brought both wisdom and joy to this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great new people and will hopefully have the pleasure of playing with them again in the future.

As far as the match, Geof was a wonderful playing companion. We both had to adjust to the different sticks, in my case, especially the putter. Tough for us off dingers to guess the correct spot on the meter, let alone clicking it in time ;-) But after a couple of holes, it was as if muscle memory from Corwyn's UEL starter comps and Ryder cups kicked in and started holing most putts within 15 feet. Lucky night for me, a little less fortunate for Geof. He started well and got 1 up on the 3rd hole, but then burnt the cup edge too many times. I won #5 (25 footer for eagle) and #6, we split the next 2 and were tied after 9, which he birdied and I didn't. But then came the back 9, where I won the 1st 4 holes, we tied #14 and #15 and the match was over  with a score of 4&3.

We managed to find some rough, enjoyed the fescue on #13 and all in all had a fun outing. It was a privilege and a treat to have the opportunity of playing along one of the greats of this game, both in golfing and in human terms.

RSS