Wed, Nov 23 2016 7:47 PM

gsoup:

OUTSTANDING, I want

oh yeah!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 4:21 AM

mkg335:

Colin, Paul's posts are consistently littered layered with shades of meaning.

It's good to know that at least one person gets me.

Edit - Phred gets pass marks too, he got the joke.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:57 AM

PaulTon:

mkg335:

Colin, Paul's posts are consistently littered layered with shades of meaning.

It's good to know that at least one person gets me.

Edit - Phred gets pass marks too, he got the joke.

Hey now...I got your joke...did you get mine?...lol

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:57 AM

The dull men of great Britain .

A new book with matching calendar has been launched to find the most boring hobbies .Apparently the golf ball collector has zoomed in to the top ten for 2016 . Overtaking vacuum cleaner enthusiast's ,  beer can collectors and drain spotters .

Craigswan  from st Andrews commented - All I do is keep a record every time I find a golf ball , the make of the ball , which hole I found it on and the estimated price to buy .

I have done it since 1980 and I keep quite meticulously the records There is a pattern emerging he commented . A seven year cycle . Sometimes it's a shorter season sometimes it's a longer season .

It's a legitimate record . It has to be done . I have amassed more than 70,000 golf balls . There is beauty and history in mundane objects . It's all about finding what works for you .

WGT have made contact about buying the balls as a job lot .

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 6:26 AM

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 6:45 AM

^z:: Go Gadget Arm

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 1:55 AM

Who said I was boring . This machine is fantastic .

The dull men of great Britain .

A new book with matching calendar has been launched to find the most boring hobbies .Apparently the golf ball collector has zoomed in to the top ten for 2016 . Overtaking vacuum cleaner enthusiast's ,  beer can collectors and drain spotters .

Craigswan  from st Andrews commented - All I do is keep a record every time I find a golf ball , the make of the ball , which hole I found it on and the estimated price to buy .

I have done it since 1980 and I keep quite meticulously the records There is a pattern emerging he commented . A seven year cycle . Sometimes it's a shorter season sometimes it's a longer season .

It's a legitimate record . It has to be done . I have amassed more than 70,000 golf balls . There is beauty and history in mundane objects . It's all about finding what works for you .

WGT have made contact about buying the balls as a job lot .

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2016 2:49 AM

Golf In World War II

German aircraft from Norway would fly on missions to northern England; because of the icy weather conditions, the barrels of their guns had a small dab of wax to protect them. As they crossed the coast, they would clear their guns by firing a few rounds at the golf courses. Golfers were urged to take cover.

** Richmond Golf Club **

* Temporary Rules 1940 *

1. Players are asked to collect bombs and shrapnel to save causing damage to the mowing machines

2. In competitions, during gunfire players may take cover without incurring a penalty for ceasing playing.

3. The positions of known delayed action bombs are marked with red flags.

4. Shrapnel may be moved on the fairway, or in the bunkers, without penalty.

5. A ball moved or destroyed by enemy action, can be replaced without penalty provided it's not nearer the hole.

6. A player whose stroke is affected by a bomb exploding may play another ball from the same place. Penalty one stroke. [A little harsh?]

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2016 2:54 AM

• craigswan
    31,015 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2016 2:56 AM

RSS