Help › Forums

daily experience points time not adjusted for daylight saving time

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 8 2016 6:29 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 4:28 PM

Ok wgt each day starts at 8 pm EST live in Ontario Canada we just had daylight savings time change (move clocks one hour back)

does California not have this also why wasn't there time changed

just lost 64 straight day steak

• bwander
    117 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 4:40 PM

I'm in Connecticut and just experienced the same problem. Only lost a week, but it's still frustrating.

• RedMcCool
    43 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 5:56 PM

California does move the clock back but I don't think the game days are based on California time.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 6:04 PM

hi

consecutive day is done via GMT, so sometimes it is 8pm et and other times 7pm et. 

i am not sure how it was lost, but it's been this way since it started.

-wgticon

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 8:03 PM

Yep, day changed here today (Pacific Time) at 4, which is 0000 UTC.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 11:35 PM

UTC does not change, so it was the player's failure to adjust to the change from daylight savings time to standard time.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:08 AM

Furthermore, the time left on the day is indicated with the CDP screen, easily accessible on PC.

Unfortunately for mobile players, you see the timer only twice a day, once on log-in and once (too late) after your first game of the day.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 5:59 AM

The evening in question the clock was set froward not back. I did not loose my day but the cdp fro the club. Looking at wgt clock I knew there was something wrong I played my pass by the clock, when i looked at the time we always play the count down clock read 57 minutes till new day. We played a game with out using a pass. When the game ended it gave us the cdp but not the club. The clock showing the new day was an hour behind and the club lost the cdp points. Just another screw up by wgt.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 6:52 AM

It may be new to you that the CDP is granted for the first game started on the GMT day. The last game of the previous day is void now!. More precise, it's granted for the first shot of the first game (mind you that the second player in a MP does not have the first shot and may not get the CDP!)

So you used the pass for the last game of the day => XPs for your CC but no CDP bonus.

Then you played the first game of the next day w/o pass => CDP for you but not for your CC, obviously.

Of course, when your local clock is put forward while GMT isn't, it will appear further behind - no screw up but time zone logic.

But, please, tell me what will be the dire consequences for your L18 CC? Will you miss anything? Me thinks not!

If there's anything of any importance, it may be that you kept your CDP count. You'd lose a lot XPs if you had to start over.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 8:08 AM

It always surprises me that people cut it so close. Admittedly, being on GMT does make it a bit easier for me. I sign on for a game at 22.00 GMT and don't hit anything - just sign up for an 18 hole game, don't hit a shot, save and quit.

Next morning, I sign in, have my saved game ready to play and my CDP nice and safe. By the time I finish that game, my next pass is just about due. Play and repeat.

• PAGES
RSS