Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • kelsp
    2,198 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 10:13 AM

Group 4 Round 4 update:

No Quitters Here Please    vs     Wooden Tee Daredevils

Byways 61 WON            against   Gladstonescrewer 68         

Big thanks to all the Wooden Tee players and their Captain as there were no scheduling issues or complaints from either camp. Very neat :)

Thanks, KP

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 11:45 AM

bery111:

bubbsboy:

mikewilleford:

did manage to make a decent approach for ctth on #2... to a distance of .08 ft

replay.aspx?ID=e63f4468 ea5d 4ec8 b9d8 a75e00d4f338

Bery...its that above mate, but nice shot anyway.

Cheers Bubbs. Knew it had probably been beaten! Did manage a 200+ yard eagle (can't remember which hole it was on) but it wasn't for one of the spot prizes - forgot to save the replay too. Wouldn't have cost a sponsor much - my choice of ball lately is the starter one (although I brought out the Srixons for Pinehurst - that place is impossible with starter balls). :)

Edit: Just remembered to check my activity. The eagle was on hole 14 from 195.51 yards!

24 Apr
    bery111 holed a shot from 195.51 yards.
    24 Apr
    bery111 made an eagle on hole #14 on PINEHURST NO. 2.

Yeah i see the activity mate, great shooting.

The hole out would have won you prize if one bounce, stiff rule i set but trying to save Andy`s credits lol

• 19cltc67
    3,296 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 1:13 PM

round4

bill                                                                               cort

just got our round played.

was a exl round apart from me puting my glove on the wrong hand :(

game still had its chance to goo any way, but i just couldnt get my irions to fly like normal......ohh and cort was on fire.......lol

took a few screen shots of corts replays but somehow theyre not visable! 

his 1 only miss is tho, but ill not post it bud lol

cheers for the round and very wellplayed. champ stats deserved for sure

bill = destroyed

cort= the destroyer :(

enjoy

bill

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 2:26 PM

Game 4

match 1

fixture 4

mkrizan86  59

TimHowell1  65

If Tim didn't have such a slow and unlucky start, the game would've been much closer, he played the back 9 brilliantly. I loved the match and the company, Tim plays fast and chats a lot, which I love both and I will sure keep him on my FL. True gentleman throughout the match, even when things didn't go his way. Hat's off, Sir!

• tseeqhim
    495 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 2:42 PM

THANKS, Bill! That was a great match - really enjoyed playing it with you!

To all who are reading, do not be deceived by the 9 (net 7) stroke difference - the match was really much closer than our scores indicate.

Bill had cut my lead to net 1 stroke (-5 to my -8) after the 14th hole. I was fortunate to get up and down out of the right greenside bunker to save par with a 13 ft bender. In reality, I was incredibly fortunate to even make it INTO that bunker when my meter decided to totally spazz out on my approach from 178 yds. Bill's approach left him a 9-foot birdie which he sank, and his crowd went nuts! Not only did I miss the ding line on the approach, but the stutter made me completely miss the line to the far right of the ding line! No idea how my ball even stayed in play - maybe it was the 12-14 mph R-to-L wind that saved me. In any event, that par was massive for me - could've easily been a double, and a totally different ball game.

On the next hole (15th), with his crowd still buzzing over the last hole, the meter bug unfortunately bit him back, and he ended up in the right greenside trap, from where he salvaged a tough double. Despite a few of his hecklers chirping me on the tee box, I was able to squeeze my eyes tightly shut through impact and earn an 'auto-instant replay' with a tee shot that burned the cup for a near ace. The tee boxes were more quiet on the remaining holes as his gallery hit the pub early for drinks.

Again, GREAT match, Bill. Keep rolling putts like that, and you'll be an absolute force in this game. Looking forward to a round with you in the future, bud.

Cheers,

Cort

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 4:56 PM

All matches completed. To the 19th Georgians. We buy the first round.  ;-)

COSA NOSTRA WISEGUYS
    THE GEORGIAN ACES
    PLAYER 2
    PLAYER 1
    BBoyce CH
    Gregcuk CH
    Tygerjr TL
    Stefke1969 CH
    Oneeyedjohn TL
    Rossembo CH
    Kysunlover CH
    Ultraglide CH
    Hpurey CH
    Etienne5361 CH
    Havvy TL
    Kittycat247 TL
    Drussthelegend TL
    Jobey29 CH
    YankeeJim CH
    Jacksonkent CH

16 7
  • Scalley
    322 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 9:07 PM

Group 3, Match 4

BigCountry317 (Cosa Nostra Goodfellas) beats Scalley (Bridgestone Believers) 60 - 64.

I didn't bring my A-game, but not sure it would have mattered. Aaron is a fantastic player, and a gent to boot! 

He came within a few inches of an ace, and hit an approach on #2 to 2inches - unbeatable today.

Good luck with the rest of the tournament!

Matt

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 9:13 PM

Many thanks Matt and I enjoyed shooting with ya man, some quality shots in there.....you'd think with all those replays we would'a dropped one or two lol!

Have a good one man and good luck to you and your team as well!

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:34 AM

bigcountry317:

Many thanks Matt and I enjoyed shooting with ya man, some quality shots in there.....you'd think with all those replays we would'a dropped one or two lol!

Have a good one man and good luck to you and your team as well!

There is a fair chance Aaron, that the Goodfellas will face Avengers in the KO stages, then we get revenge.......

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:43 AM

By no means am I dissing (hate that word)  Cosa Nostra. A fine CC with great management.

(BTW ,I'm under orders to cut out the slack talk.  It seems to rile our opponents to great things.)

RSS