Forums

Help › Forums

what about the less well off

Fri, Oct 7 2016 7:03 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 3:47 AM

There are plenty of opportunities to get free credits in the UK. I have upgraded my clubs many times over the years and free credits funded them all (apart from 1 or 2 gifts).

Free credits continue to provide me with balls. I have bought some balls with real money but in over 5 years it amounts to no more than $30.  

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:55 AM

malc123:

been playing game for years but c,ant afford to up grade clubs so stand no chance of ever winning anthing cant see the point of ever trying. nice game but if you c,ant afford to upgrade you will not win any credits ???????????????????????? 

And in all of your years of playing you havent tried to earn credits through surveys and videos or other credit reward offers ? Do you work as many players outside the US will buy whatever it is that they want . So you dont want to spend money to get what you want nor do you want to try to earn the credits to get what you want .

In many ways this game replicates the real world . In the real world when you cant afford the things you want then you do without . You also work and save until you can afford to buy them . But when you do nothing at all then you get nothing at all .

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 5:52 AM

lonniescott711:

malc123:

been playing game for years but c,ant afford to up grade clubs so stand no chance of ever winning anthing cant see the point of ever trying. nice game but if you c,ant afford to upgrade you will not win any credits ???????????????????????? 

And in all of your years of playing you havent tried to earn credits through surveys and videos or other credit reward offers ? Do you work as many players outside the US will buy whatever it is that they want . So you dont want to spend money to get what you want nor do you want to try to earn the credits to get what you want .

In many ways this game replicates the real world . In the real world when you cant afford the things you want then you do without . You also work and save until you can afford to buy them . But when you do nothing at all then you get nothing at all .

+1

• Daimauwr
    23 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 6:34 PM

If nothing else, credits allow you to upgrade the ball you play with, Standard WGT balls do nothing to help you improve your game. Unfortunately as you improve your ranking the playing conditions get harder so you do need better equipment. Having played for 5 years on this site I was able to win some credits and improve my ball and clubs but eventually I bought credits, upgraded my Driver and balls and now play a beter game. But bear in mind the higher you rank, the harder the playing conditions become - wind, tee distance, green speed etc. I'm sure that somewhere in the real world of golf you can hope for a calm day and benign green speeds to make your golf more enjoyable.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 8:05 PM

Daimauwr:
    If nothing else, credits allow you to upgrade the ball you play with,

I have to ask, as I live in your incredibly wet and cold country now.....do you get any credit offers?

I never get surveys and only the carousel when it is working for 7 views....pretty dire.

Or do Aussies in NZ get blackballed........like the Wallabies lol

Finally I am dreaming of a dry day that is not blowing a gale here, so I can get out and play real golf again......

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 7:03 PM

WGTUniverse:

malc123:

Have you tried watching videos or completing offers for credits? 

Really, that's your answer? I tried the videos, surveys, etc when I first started a few years ago and found it much more time consuming for the payoff received. You have to watch upteen videos, or do several surveys to amass anything---IF you qualify and IF the company actually delivers on the promised credits My conclusion, waste of time and wifi---cough up the money if you are wanting to progress in this game.

• PAGES
RSS