Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament Club Participation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 29 2011 7:18 AM (3 replies)
  • Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 2:21 AM

How do I get 70 people to play in the club's tournaments?   Tournaments are every 2nd Friday of every month.              (tournaments are open for 7 days).  

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:03 AM

Chances are you wont.  Our club is pushing 100 and has an avg. of 35-40 participants each freebee tournament, and 15-20 participants in the credit entry tournaments. 

LC

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:51 AM

To get 70 members out of 78 members to play in A tournament is A very high % & is nearly impossible due to some maybe working or sick you get where I am going.

1 Tournament every 2 weeks is very small for your membership base. May want to look at increasing tournaments to give members a reason to stay & not leave to more active clubs.

MY membership base is 130 members to cater for that.

I have 8 free tournaments weekly 6 of them have added prizes attached to them. Callaway balls , R9 clubs , wedges etc etc. (With theses 40 -50 players to enter out of 130 is a very good turn out.)

7 - 8 credit tournaments from 50c - 1000c some of these tournaments have added prizes added to them. 

You don`t need to go this far with your CC but try to be more active & take advise from what your members want is the key.

Tip:

Think outside the box if you were a member of a CC what would you like to play in. Also start  topic in your club forums & ask members to post suggestions on what types of tournaments they will like to play in , how often they want tournaments.

Find clubs around your level become friends with them & start your own CC vs CC matches could be match play , alternate shot , stroke play. Getting members more involved in matches will see your own CC participation improve.

Regards 

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 7:18 AM

Thank you very much Suncity28 for your very detailed and informative reply.  I really don't know if my memebers even read the club forum but yet and still I post what I need to as a club owner and leader.  Tournaments for the memebers are very optional indeed depending on the that person, but I try to make them appeal to every players comfort at performance to win.  Every tier level in the club has a tournament, so it's really not just one tournament every 2 weeks, it's more like nine or ten tournaments.  I beleive the suggestions will have a great impact in getting feedback from memebers who play in the tournaments, but for those who don't, I don't know what I'd do differently.  Gifting the winner in each tournament, I do.  But if that same winner won 3 tournaments, that's still ONE gift.  Credit tournaments: no more than 100 credits, and then it drops from there, I'm not charging to clean house on my memebers because I make the courses much easier to win than lose.  So besides gifting the winner of the tournament. What else is there to get them to play?

RSS