Help › Forums

Saturation

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:13 PM (22 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:17 PM

TopShelf2010:

If I may be so bold... might I inquire about the Avg. Buster tournaments within your CC? I am assuming that these are shorter than default tees? (ie: Red Tees?)

If this is in fact the case, be advised that while you might be able to tier up quicker this way, you are only setting yourself up for some frustrating rounds later on.

There is nothing wrong with being a Red Tee Champion however. If that is what makes you happy then so be it. There are plenty of players that truly enjoy playing from the Red Tees.. I personally enjoy the challenges of playing from the default tees.

I wish you the very best in your endeavors regardless of your intentions.

Happy Hitting

Don

+1

Whilst I am not a great player in WGT terms, but playing from the real tees is the challenge I enjoy. So often you find someone who is like a fish out of water when they play default tees, despite having a very low average.

But whatever floats your boat, we are all different and as long as you derive enjoyment from the game....it is all good/

• whisky1tot
    264 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:28 PM

I know all that, what I'm saying is when I reached Legend my ranked rounds were 43, I then played 500 ranked rounds and never reached saturation, since then I have played a further 200 or more ranked rounds and still not on saturation. What counts as ranked round?.

Regards Charlie.

• Robbo81303
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:45 AM

alosso:

Nitpickingly precise:

Par3 and Par5 courses do not count towards average but they are in the total no. of rounds.

Not quite.....they count as ranked rounds but aren't included in the saturation totals.

ie. If you play 500 ranked rounds with 10 of them being BO3 or BO5, it shows as 500 ranked but only counts 490 towards saturation.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:14 AM

This is the way I meant it - "total no." is the one counting from Day One and displayed in the personal stats, and "do not count towards the average" includes the scores as well as the round count for average.

• whisky1tot
    264 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:47 AM

Sorry for putting in the wrong info, I'l start again, when I reached Legend my total ranked rounds was 434 so then I started playing the 500 ranked rounds that was need to get saturated,when I reached the 500 ranked rounds making a total of 934 ranked rounds I didn't get to saturation and my avg still went up, so I played a further 200 ranked rounds,making a total of 1,134 ranked rounds and still not reached saturation. Why?

What is classed as a ranked round?.

Regards Charlie.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 11:54 AM

You play a lot on Par5s lately - as stated above, they and Par3s don't count to the average, but to the total no.

Ranked rounds in this context are stroke play rounds which aren't practice, that is "ranked" and tournament rounds. These appear in your score history.

From these, only those rounds (9 or 18 holes) on courses between Pars of 60 and 80 count towards the average.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 4:42 PM

whisky1tot:
    also I play a lot of alt shot games do these count.

I have to be believe that alternate shot games don't count toward your average. I suspect, however, that they're included in the number of ranked rounds played. But I can't believe they would be used to calculate a player's average. 

Edit: Here's a link to the answer on A/S games.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/174690/1188557.aspx#1188557 

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:57 PM

Robert1893:
    alternate shot games don't count toward your average.

True: They don't.

Robert1893:
    I suspect, however, that they're included in the number of ranked rounds played.

Nope - they aren't "Stroke Play". Only those (stroke play) rounds which appear in your score history with a stroke counting score count towards the total no. of ranked rounds. Blitz and CTTH don't, and A/S aren't in that list. None of them count.

Robert1893:
    But I can't believe they (=A/S, alosso) would be used to calculate a player's average. 

Correct again: They aren't.

RSS