Help › Forums

Club is looking for new Owner

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 19 2024 4:42 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 2:05 AM

I am at present the owner of The Freedom Golf Club and have reluctantly decided to step down for various reasons.

I have asked amongst the membership of the Club for suitable candidates to take over, but I have my doubts that anyone will come forward who has the time and inclination to take over. So for that reason I am asking here if someone may be interested in taking the Club forward.

I really don't want to close the Club, but if that is the case is there another Club that might find space for any of the members who may wish to move over.

• sueomeara
    2,917 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 3:37 AM

Hi Fencer,

If any of your members would like to join THE WOLF PACK COUNTRY CLUB, they would be welcome just as your were when you joined.

I'm sorry to hear your not able to keep it going, good luck whatever you don.

Sue

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 4:13 AM

Fencer;  you've proven to be one of the sage voices in this forum. I concur with Sue and also wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you won't have to close it.

On an upnote, most CCs are looking for recruits, so your members shouldn't be homeless for long if it comes to that.

Or, you currently have 22 members. Perhaps a friendly merger with another smallish CC?

ct

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 5:13 AM

Paul is looking to merge clubs , Valley of the sun casual club .

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 5:31 AM

Sorry to hear this Rich - we've been friends from almost my first day with WGT and I know we have kept track of each other through all the trials and tribulations.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. As already said, I'm sure your members will soon find a new club (unless of course one of them steps up to be the new owner).

Bill

• mrshanestaley
    660 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 12:25 PM

At this point we as a club do not wish to close our club. Rich does not want to own our club any longer for his personal reasons. I have offered to take over ownership of the club so Rich can move on.

MrS

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 3:33 PM

We seem to have arrived at probably the best solution all round, thankfully. One of the Club members will take the Club over which will save much upheaval. 

Thanks to all who messaged me with offers of help, I for one appreciated all the offers

Now will WGT play ball and allow the process through relatively quickly.

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 4:12 PM

Fencer100:

I am at present the owner of The Freedom Golf Club and have reluctantly decided to step down for various reasons.

I have asked amongst the membership of the Club for suitable candidates to take over, but I have my doubts that anyone will come forward who has the time and inclination to take over. So for that reason I am asking here if someone may be interested in taking the Club forward.

I really don't want to close the Club, but if that is the case is there another Club that might find space for any of the members who may wish to move over.

I just started a new cc, so if the members like to join my cc Friendly Golfers CC they are more than welcome. We are at the moment just seven (7).

Hope this can help. Peo

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:22 AM

Fencer100:
    We seem to have arrived at probably the best solution all round, thankfully. One of the Club members will take the Club over which will save much upheaval. 

I think Peoch this sentence from the post above states quite clearly that one of the members is going to take over ownership. 

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 4:58 AM

Sorry didn`t read that post.

• PAGES
RSS