Help › Forums

Sad...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 5 2016 1:48 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 5:13 AM

Good post Jay, a fair assessment of the game as it is now.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 5:46 AM

LOL..that's perfect PK!! 

Love the matching eye-patch.

Cat-eye ball, too.

Did you make that pic?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 6:11 AM

jayw4862:
    Did you make that pic?

Nah, searched 'eye patch golfer' lol, added the ball and words.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 10:01 AM

Paul = artiste.

And Jay = 100% spot-on.  Hope the eye doctor visit is a positive one with good results, bud.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 8:00 PM

lonnieskinner:

I'm not sure what Jay if refering to, and he will clear it up if i am wrong. But looking at his scores, they are everywhere. Same for me lately. One game is a 27 or 55 and the next is a 32 or 64. The game is so inconsistent. Some time the game does somewhat as you would expect. Then another nothing works correctly. Could not hit a broad side of a barn. It is frustrating. Anyway, its just a game.

Some people say this is "tinfoil hat" talk, but if it is I'd like a feather in mine, please.  Putting from anywhere has become a complete mystery to me.  Easier to just slap it in the general direction than try to figure what the break will do (this time).   

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 7:43 AM

jayw4862:
    The "**downtimegrade tonight's**" have gotten worse and worse about screwing so many things up, just so the level 60 gullible new player might buy some new shiny irons. The restarts know better. Use those starter clubs and work the system up to level 80 or so.

I used to say this all the time.  Every new WGT update will cause a MAJOR bug somewhere else in the game and we end up having to jump through so many hoops ar have to suffer until wgt can find a work around. Can any one ever remember a smooth update without any hassle??

jayw4862:
    And that farce about ding rates still irks me. It's BS. WGT would have been better off telling him "we know you were cheating by using a program that is against our T&C" than to bring up ding %.

WHo's been using a cheat peogram then??  Naught, naughty.  (been away for ages so please, what have I missed?)

jayw4862:
    They've resorted to copying that "other game"

What other game??

jayw4862:
    Take a look at the RG list from the last 6-7 months (maybe longer). The regular RG players know it's went to crap. 18 hole 50 credit RG? WTH? Unless you win, or use a starter ball and finish top 5 you LOSE. TG/WGT is doing all it can to cut back on $ going out to too many folks. Not to mention the VT $ being cut in half this year.

I posted about this too in general tournaments post.  loads of 50c and $1 ready go's so with us all having to spend at least $5 on balls just to post competetive score, WGt have done their best to stop us acumulating credits.  WHere's all the $2 and $3 ready go's gone.  The list is as exciting as paint drying.

jayw4862:
    They royally screwed up the tournaments/brackets for countless people. The owner of my CC put up $200.00

I played the virtual; tour and played 1st round over and over wasting sleeves of balls before posting good score.  Having posted 2nd round and should have been top 30, WGT didn't post my 2nd score, although it shows that i had COMPLETED ROUND!  WGT didn't seem to care when i e-mailed them a kind of tough luck reply.  (+ ready go's i lost due to not posting scores)  

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 12:48 PM

jayw4862:

However, I've noticed some silly changes to the putting (the weird lip-outs, u-turns). 

The putts that are in the hole then they are not. Almost as if the hole has a self ejecting mechanism. 

jayw4862:

Every hole shows PB for a second or longer before a tee shot. 

Where should I be looking?   I don't see it on my screen.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 1:48 PM

iwb1:
    Where should I be looking?   I don't see it on my screen.

The changeover from finishing on green to next tee, when it's your drive.

A pic from pebble beach appears just for a moment usually. Your avatar and meter are also on screen but look out of scale with the pebble pics.

During this week it has stayed long enough for me to be able to move the aim arrow before the proper next tee appears.

• PAGES
RSS