Help › Forums

Sad...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 5 2016 1:48 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2016 3:49 PM

..that this game has went downhill so fast. Topgolf is quickly taking it to the bottom of the  golf sims.

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 12:18 AM

Come on be fair we now have meowing cat golf balls.....

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 12:38 AM

x

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 3:07 AM

tuxedo2:

Come on be fair we now have meowing cat golf balls.....

LMAO...glass half full.

But I am still waiting for a Kangaroo Ball, one drive and they will just keep bounding down the fairway.

While  we are on that request, perhaps change the music to Skippy, the bush kangaroo and on the 18th at Andys......introduction of road kill...

Pity I have lost my sarcastic font.....

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 4:03 AM

BMX123:

I was gone for 1.5 years just came back 'What issues." are you pointing out?

in many cases, the same issues you probably faced 1.5 years ago...that's a long time to be away, so welcome back.:)

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 4:57 AM

What's up with Jay?

Probably only hit a 58 in a RG.

Damn those lying winds and dots and don't even talk about the VEM!

;)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 5:12 AM

PaulTon:

What's up with Jay?

Probably only hit a 58 in a RG.

Damn those lying winds and dots and don't even talk about the VEM!

;)

I fully agree with Jay's status post. What I can't get my head around, is how a player of his caliber (and I have read posts from a few) find complaint with a game they excel at?

In Jay's case, a 52 avg Champion tier...whatever obstacles bother him, he obviously finds a work around.

Technical issues like disconnects I fully understand, and am on board with. But things like wind and dot movement?. These fool an average player like myself, but a player like Jay (93% driving; 92% GIR; amazing putting stats)...not so much.

If I was assembling an Alt team, I'd pick Paul for his irreverent humour, and Jay and FMags for their golf skills. As usual, I would rent the carts and buy the ale.:)

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 7:10 AM

I'm not sure what Jay if refering to, and he will clear it up if i am wrong. But looking at his scores, they are everywhere. Same for me lately. One game is a 27 or 55 and the next is a 32 or 64. The game is so inconsistent. Some time the game does somewhat as you would expect. Then another nothing works correctly. Could not hit a broad side of a barn. It is frustrating. Anyway, its just a game.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 11:25 AM

alanti:
    While  we are on that request, perhaps change the music to

Since WTG likes to add sounds, I'd like to request a drum roll before all my Drives.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 4:16 AM

Probably more me than it is the game (still sporting the eye-patch).

However, I've noticed some silly changes to the putting (the weird lip-outs, u-turns). That's the biggest game-tinkering crap I've seen. I putt fairly well (or used to, anyway) and something's different.

The wind will not move the ball as consistently as it has in the past. I've resorted to using a ruler and being more precise with my aim, yet too many times the wind seems to be "off". 

Take a look at the RG list from the last 6-7 months (maybe longer). The regular RG players know it's went to crap. 18 hole 50 credit RG? WTH? Unless you win, or use a starter ball and finish top 5 you LOSE. TG/WGT is doing all it can to cut back on $$ going out to too many folks. Not to mention the VT $$ being cut in half this year.

The "**downtimegrade tonight's**" have gotten worse and worse about screwing so many things up, just so the level 60 gullible new player might buy some new shiny irons. The restarts know better. Use those starter clubs and work the system up to level 80 or so.

They've resorted to copying that "other game" with that Tee Shot Box Meter (meaningless) thing. Look for a new box in the coming month(s) for other shots, too. If you're going to copy someone else, go all the way.

Every hole shows PB for a second or longer before a tee shot. Is that the SS taking a snapshot of our screen, lol?

They royally screwed up the tournaments/brackets for countless people. The owner of my CC put up $200.00 (U.S.--not sure how much that is in NZ $$) in a single tourney pot, and on rd 2, he and another player got that WD after playing.  CS, which is the ONLY consistently good thing about this company, was probably bombarded with complaints of WD's and money lost and as of yesterday, they had not answered his request, yet. 

The SS caught 4-5 people, and that was that. Pfft!!! 

Seems Topgolf is trying to make WGT profitable/increase that bottom line. If they want to maybe double/triple that bottom line, have the BM credit sellers booted. Those thieves probably make more per month than WGT does. But, the big sellers are also in bed with WGT's SS popo, so Topgolf will continue to get ROBBED. 

And that farce about ding rates still irks me. It's BS. WGT would have been better off telling him "we know you were cheating by using a program that is against our T&C" than to bring up ding %. I've come to the conclusion that they're FOS and made up some stupid reason only because he wouldn't admit to what kind of program he used "so they could add it/check for it". 

And, according to all of the AS and multi-player folks, the DC issue is still around, and worse. I guess the game still uses the basic economy server package fro Go Daddy or whoever handles their servers. Like I've always said, that part of the game is probably the most enjoyable, but it's definitely the least profitable, so the DC problem will be here always and forever. That's one "constant" that won't ever change.

I'll still play this old game no matter what. I'll never drop a dime into it, but I'll play. I used to look forward to logging on, and playing for hours every single day. I spend less than an hour a day here now, if I log on at all. And now I've used up half of my hour just typing this response. Saved some ball life and aggravation, though :-)

There's more, but I have to get ready for my eye doctor appointment. Hopefully, I'll be patch-free, and I'll find out that the game play was just me not being able to get used to playing with one eye shut. Doubt it, though.

• PAGES
RSS