Forums

Help › Forums

F! the quitters

Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:08 PM (32 replies)
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:34 AM

here's is the solution... it can be fine tuned.

have a weekly and monthly, tier based, competition based on your place finished in multiplayer!!  1st gets XXpoints, 2nd XXpoints.... etc.  a Did Not Finish gets -XX points.  show these stats in player profiles.  have a  prize pool of 500 credits split by the top 5 or 10 players.

OR maybe not points based on place finished but points based on your score for that round.  somehow convert it to lower score is higher points.

OR it could strictly be a holes won per round competition.

it would all have to be averaged per round somehow with a minimum number of rounds completed.  however, once you meet the minimum you still lose XX points for quiting a ranked round.

maybe the top 4 or 8 or 20 playoff for the title and payouts... 1 round on kiawah, 1 round on bethpage... maybe match play style or stroke play.

if people don't have time to play a ranked round and don't want to risked being penalized for quiting... they can join a practice round game.

has this been suggested before?

this could be awesome... everyone really competing against each other in multi-player.

ok faterson... now shoot it down!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:42 AM
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:07 AM

ok fine. 

SOMEONE ELSE SHOOT IT DOWN!

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:17 AM

Cmon WGT.... !

What do you say WGTalex??  This idea RULEZ!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:41 AM

The best way to fix the quitting problem would be the following:

1)Person A quits on a MP game with Person B.

2)Person B should be provided with the name, and address of the quitter (Person A) by WGT.

3)Person B should visit Person A's (the quitter) home with a baseball bat.

4)Person B will proceed to smash Person A's computer(s) with the bat.

5)Since Person A can now no longer play WGT due to damaged computer(s), that eliminates 1 quitter.

6)Goto Step 1 until no quitters are left.

7)Have all the people with smashed up PC's contact me so that I can provide professional computer services to them (such as the replacement of PC(s), salvaging of data, etc.).

• Sarg14
    36 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:05 AM

Take note WGT, Marioh has the perfect plan.  Is there anyway this can be implemented? LMAO!

Sarg

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:45 AM

LOL.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 12:31 PM

Marioh... thank you.. that was hilarious.

• fringemaster
    11 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 12:54 PM

i have a better idea play to play and if you finish the round they dont charge ur credit card that will elimate the quitters

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:02 PM

Snaike:
    Marioh... thank you.. that was hilarious.

Well, well, well! Is that how seriously you take your Boilerplate Oath, Snaike? Your resolution doesn't even last 24 hours? Why am I not surprised?

I do not think Marioh's post was funny (making fun of what makes lots of people unhappy is not funny), and I do not think Spaghetti's suggestion is more practical to implement than the other anti-quitter proposals already submitted.

That is all from me on this now. I trust the BNC – Boilerplate Nonsense Challenge still holds and that it wasn't simply intended as yet another unfunny joke!  

RSS