Gifting clubs to a mobile player

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 14 2017 1:33 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:26 AM

Howzit

So, I know this guy who plays on mobile, who could really benefit from better clubs, except his current ones are day-glo blue and say COIN.

Is it possible for me to gift him "normal" clubs commensurate with his level?

Cheers,

Peter

• WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 9:37 AM

petervcpt:

Howzit

So, I know this guy who plays on mobile, who could really benefit from better clubs, except his current ones are day-glo blue and say COIN.

Cheers,

Peter

You can send a player brand new clubs from the Pro Shop. Unfortunately, you are not able to gift players your used clubs from your inventory. Underneath the item you want to send, right next to the green "buy now" button you will find the blue "give as gift" button. 

I hope this helps! :) 

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 10:41 AM

WGTUniverse:

petervcpt:

Howzit

Cheers,

Peter

You can send a player brand new clubs from the Pro Shop. Unfortunately, you are not able to gift players your used clubs from your inventory. Underneath the item you want to send, right next to the green "buy now" button you will find the blue "give as gift" button. 

I hope this helps! :) 

Thanks for the reply.

However my query was whether I can gift a mobile player clubs without me being a mobile player myself.

More importantly, would he be able to use them?

Thanks

Peter

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 12:44 PM

Good question Peter and one which needs some clarification as you say

So anyone out there who is PC user, have you ever sent clubs to a mobile player ?

Really appreciate this

Bubbs

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 12:50 PM

petervcpt:

The platform the person plays on shouldn't be an issue at all. You're just gifting it to their account, which can be accessed in various ways. 

In any case, I'm a mobile player (iPad) and I've gifted sleeves of golf balls to PC players and have never had an issue. Even so, I've never had clubs or other items gifted to me, but I just don't see why there would be an issue. 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 7:09 AM

Hey all,

Yes, you can gift clubs to a mobile player and he/she will be able to equip and use them. The same goes for the opposite. Gifting clubs is gifting clubs no matter the platform.

Cheers,

Mick

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 8:55 AM

AussieMick11:

Hey all,

Yes, you can gift clubs to a mobile player and he/she will be able to equip and use them. The same goes for the opposite. Gifting clubs is gifting clubs no matter the platform.

Cheers,

Mick

This is correct, except for EZ swing items. Mobile players can not use EZ swing clubs. 

_CHAMPION

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2016 9:03 AM

Thank you, Champion. 

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 5:34 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I found it to answer a question that has been bothering me about gifting clubs to mobile users.

I recently (about a month ago) gifted a set of Taylormade's to a club member who had been using starter clubs. I tried to PM him about the clubs but for some reason it never got sent. I posted on his wall about the clubs and left it there up until just recently. 

He is still using his starter set, and from what I can tell, has no idea about the gifted clubs. So my question is since I think he plays mobile, is there some sort of barrier with gifting mobile players? I see no other reason why he wouldn't use a more superior club.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 6:51 AM

PSUTOM:

I know this is an old thread, but I found it to answer a question that has been bothering me about gifting clubs to mobile users.

I recently (about a month ago) gifted a set of Taylormade's to a club member who had been using starter clubs. I tried to PM him about the clubs but for some reason it never got sent. I posted on his wall about the clubs and left it there up until just recently. 

He is still using his starter set, and from what I can tell, has no idea about the gifted clubs. So my question is since I think he plays mobile, is there some sort of barrier with gifting mobile players? I see no other reason why he wouldn't use a more superior club.

I don't think there is problem gifting clubs to a mobile player , You can try posting a thread in the club forum , Perhaps ask another member to send him a personal message if you cant ,  Check your account and make sure the clubs were sent to the right person .

If nothing works, and they don't know about the clubs or how to equip them , Maybe CS can help you ?  If all else fails ask for a refund .

• PAGES
RSS