3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 1:51 PM

Ahem!

15 Posts

06-27-2016 9:51 AM

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2018 9:54 AM

While their are legitimate reasons for "quitting" I have been a member since 2009 and there are always those who try to manipulate the game stroke their fragile egos.

I can only speak for myself but I have quit Tournaments numerous times for a variety of reasons;

- Game bugs - screen freezing/jittery swing meter/etc

-Health problems

-To save golf balls on days when my reflexes are a distant memory and there is no enjoyment

I used to play a lot Tournaments but now mostly Virtual Tour Tournaments - ALWAYS so as not  to impinge on anyone else`s enjoyment of the game.

I would not intentionally quit a game where it would disrupt the play/players, which strikes me as quite petty. 

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2018 10:18 AM

Oooops, Now how did that happen? 

• BackdoorHippie
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:27 AM

I've learned to get over this. I play mobile and I understand that there are times when someone is on their phone with a spotty connection while on a train or in a cab, blah-blah. It's a part of the rub of the game, though I will say that I've grown more than a little unhappy when a 1-hole coin match goes 15 minutes because someone disconnects and reconnects 5 times on a spotty connection. Etiquette in such a situation demand that you forfeit and get the hell out - it's not just your time you're wasting.

As for "proving" it wasn't a disconnect, I've learned the difference between a game that's hanging and one that suddenly pauses for disconnect after an incredibly bad shot. I don't mind forfeits at all, even when all that's left is a tap-in. But an unwarranted shut down without one gets you moved to the blocked player list, which currently stands at just under 80 players so yes, it is a problem.

• PAGES
RSS