Forums

Help › Forums

bloody Quitters

Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:27 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tegog
    34 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 6:59 PM

Why are quitters not penalized for doing so..I believe that if someone quits a game, that he,or she should not be allowed to play again for a week. It really does become a nuissance

• narsole
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 9:51 AM

Some of us play at work when it's slow and then it gets busy or the boss pops up suddenly. We don't all have great Internet connections and this game can and does crash...often! I am sure too that some just get fed up with their own poor game play and/or the opponent beating the snot out of them. In those cases is ceases to be fun and if you're not having fun you're not going to want to continue. At the end of the day this after all only a game, not the real thing! I have quit and have had many quit on me. It's a game, get over it.

• CrazyNewt
    25 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:34 AM

I haven't played against other people yet, but is there an option to concede rather than just quit if the game isn't going your way?

This happens in chess quite a bit, no need for anyone to feel bad if someone acknowledges defeat - but if the system doesn't recognise such an act and treat the player still in the game as the winner....why on earth not?

• billh021
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:01 PM

Yes, there is a capability to concede a hole or the game. Look in upper left corner while playing a game and you will see 'MENU" Click there and a list of options will appear. one is CONCEDE HOLE. Another is Concede match.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jun 28 2016 7:22 PM

tegog:

Why are quitters not penalized for doing so..I believe that if someone quits a game, that he,or she should not be allowed to play again for a week. It really does become a nuissance

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they quit.  People disconnect for a variety of reasons including poor connections through their ISP, browser errors, internal computer problems, errors at WGT servers, family emergencies and yes, quitting because they are poor sports and losing a match. It's impossible to definitively distinguish between them. 

If you are unhappy with the rate of completion in your games, quit playing against people you don't know. Stick with friends, fellow country club members and players you meet in these forums with great reputations for finishing games.

• JoeCorrao
    9 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2018 10:28 AM

nah if u are Orange you are a quitter...

• dispatch74
    11 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 10:45 AM

I agree,  people need to lighten up. its a game and there are any things our lives that take precedence.  and if you have time to write snide remarks on peoples profiles go get another job or hobby.  ohhh i had to start again.  likes it life or death.  its not  act like an adult and worry about things that matter in our life

• dispatch74
    11 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 10:47 AM

please put me on your do not play list.   waa was waa

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 11:01 AM

A pleasure. Consider it done.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 12:34 PM

Dearest narshole,

Well, eliminate one of those possibilities, don't play at work. There's disconnects and such but YOU mention if your getting snot beat out of you, you quit. 

There;s no clear way of knowing what happens, but I have found the class players post on the opponents wall in a gesture of good faith and sportsmanship. Might they be lying? Perhaps......but your comment "Get over it" ...shows your teletubby viewing mentality.

Oh, meant in the kindest, non crayola way possible.

• PAGES
RSS