Help › Forums

Credits - double standard

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:19 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 4:48 PM

Never want to say that anyone is cheating.  However I have noticed that there are players in the skills challenges that are amatuers or worse with 115 rating who post scores in the skills challenges that are beyond what my potential best is.  What keeps someone from playing, getting really good but always posting a high score so they will stay where they are in terms of level but be able to win all the challenges.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:19 PM

so hypothetically i could dump myself...pull up a new Avatar with a different e mail address and in a few quick rounds have 150 credits compared to the 129 (29 earned) i have now after 3 months or so.

sounds fair

I'm sure Fatty will have a slick remark for this one

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:45 PM

... and the reward for that illicit maneuver would be measly 21 cents.  

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:54 AM

Rut-roe George... before I got involved in reading these forum posts, I got "gifts" in my email. I got a gift of 50 credits and two gifts of 100 credits each!

I already spent'em on a couple of wedges and some balls. Hope I don't have to give back my wedges! That would suck. And the balls are at the bottom of the lake and out in the deep rough somewhere... so if WGT wants my balls back, they can go lookin' fer'em... I'm not a strong swimmer, and the woods give me the creeps!

Geez.... I wonder if all my rounds will have to be forfeited, too? "Using illegal clubs"?... and I just placed "in the money" in the BPB tourney! Will I lose those credits, too?

Any of you "veterans" think I should send in an extra $1 when I eventually buy some credits, or would that really screw-up the accounting department? Funny thing is... I'm being "sorta" serious about this.

I'd hate for this to come back and haunt me when I start placing in the top ten every week, and peoples' avatars start casting "knowing glances" at mine. "Oh!... yeah! HE used illegally-gotten gains to further HIS career!" I can just hear it now! Someone PLEASE say it ain't so!  :(

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:43 AM

I have notified the F.B.I........please do not leave your home.

I think you might get away with this one. If you are really worried send WGT an e-mail and tell them.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:05 PM

Well... despite not being "really worried", I did send them a note expressing my concern. At the risk of sounding "hrumphy"...just because it's an online version of the game doesn't mean it should suffer from a dimished level of integrity. Thanks for the reply SC.

I've suspended my play in any tournaments until I receive a reply... hope they get back to me soon... I'm jonesin' to get at WK 38's offerings...

Now, who's that pounding on my door!? :O

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:19 PM

Wow! That was quick! WGT is really on the ball!

The reply:

Hi...thank you for the email and for being so honest.

We did have a problem where we awarded some players credits twice in error but that was fixed last week.  The error was on our side so please keep the credits (and the items you purchased).  We are confident this will not happen again.

Feel free to keep playing in tournaments as we consider this issue resolved.

Thanks,
    WGT
    So... there must be others who had this happen... maybe WGT will provide all the ones that didn't get the "extra" 100 credits with a chance to get their's during a "trick-or-treat" day, er sumpin.  I'd feel better about it, then. : /
    On to the links!
  • PAGES
RSS