Sell equipment

Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:12 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 1:41 PM

Tomborg:
    whats the benefit of having a bag?

Once there was a "Bag Plus" available, allowing for four (4) sets of clubs set up for quick change. This is gone now.

The regular bag only does one thing: It sits on the tee, IMHO looking bad.

Too little for 400 cr.

• SadieSue77
    93 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 8:18 AM

Hi Jas-  I would like to appeal to your generous side and if you don't need the credits, maybe you could gift your old clubs to your friends just starting out or someone in need.  This would greatly help someone up their game and just maybe they will be inclined to pay it forward to their new friends.  Just a thought.  There are many good WGT folks out there that have gifted their old clubs.  Anyhow, you are sure to make new friends to play with.

Steve

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 1:38 PM

Gifting clubs is simply buying new as a gift. Would be nice if you could take used equipment, pay a small fee, and gift to a fellow WGT member in need, but that won't happen!

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2016 3:52 PM

If I could, I would. But WGT wouldn't offer me such a paltry amount to sell them if they were worth anything some other way. 

Clubs don't wear out. So let's say I had a 1000 credit club. If I could gift it and the recipient gifted me 250 credits, I'd break even and they'd save 750 credits on the club. That's $7.50 WGT wouldn't get if they bought enough credits to buy the club. Somehow I don't see them making such a generous gesture. 

I got all my clubs watching videos, 2 credits at a time. It's the easiest way to get clubs and balls without spending money. 

• ChappyChipotle
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 6:09 AM

Hey, they have to pay the programmers and the sometimes useless email support. If you want to gift, buy one and gift it. I do buy sometimes credits. It is part of the game. Take care and if you like dogs #DogsofWGT so they can make golf ball under 50 credits

• SadieSue77
    93 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 7:17 AM

JC,  I am so sorry that I misunderstood the situation.  Being a relative noob, I was under the impression that you could just donate your unused clubs to new/other members straight out.  I didn't know that you had to actually buy a new club from the pro shop to give it to someone.  I am like you in that I enjoy the game and friendships here but I won't be spending any of my money to play.  I have climbed the club ladder as you did with the credits watching videos @ 2 credits ea.  What I don't understand is the clubs to be gifted were already purchased once either by real money credits or advertisement credits for which WGT already gets real money for either way. (I would bet they are getting more real money from advertising credits.)  I guess they are trying to get paid twice for the same club/ball/whatever.  Anyway I really appreciate you setting me straight.  I was just about to find this out as I got the clubs I will be playing with and was going to gift the others.

If you are using a tablet to get your credits as I do...sign in with your phone also and get double the credits at the same time.  You probably already knew that.  I tried that yesterday and got my last wedge in no time at all 4 credits at a time.

Hope to see you on the golf course.  I'd be glad to play with you.

Steve

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:00 AM

Steve,

'I'd be careful with the doubling up on credits. WGT  providesa great game, but they can be pretty nasty when they think something costs them money. They deleted my fiancee's account because they thought I had multiple accounts since we have the same IP address and share the iPad. 

I wish they would let us gift used clubs. More people could enjoy the game, and we wouldn't feel like we were getting ripped off getting 25% for stuff we won't use ourselves anymore. 

And, it's not like they're not making money on those 'free' credits we spend endless hours accumulating. Probably more than what people spend buying credits. I spent $5 on credits just to get rid of the ads. 

I did notice I could use my iPhone too to get credits, but it's not worth the risk of losing everything. 

• SadieSue77
    93 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:59 AM

Thanks Chappy-  I do understand what you are saying.  The programmers should get a raise as this is a great game as you well know.  Ever since JasCooper showed me the ropes, I had already planned on purchasing some clubs from the pro shop and gifting them.  I don't think that will bring down the cost of your golf balls, but heck....who knows.  I certainly didn't mean to offend you or anyone else if that is the case.  Again, thanks for the lesson and hope to see you on the course.

Steve- 

• SadieSue77
    93 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:12 AM

Thanks JC.  I have sent you a request.  Hope to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about your fiancee.  I really do appreciate you showing me the ropes and keeping me straight.  I honestly did not think I was doing anything wrong.  You are correct that WGT not only provides a great game, but somewhere one can pass the time with some good friends.  Their huge membership all over the world shows that.

Thank you.

Steve-

• PAGES
RSS