A question about gifts

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 21 2016 10:37 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 8:16 AM

borntobesting:
    Sorry Alosso but you are incorrect. You can not gift anything that is locked to you. MrCaddie ran into that problem in the 12 Days of Christmas give away in 2014.

Sorry BTB, but you are incorrect ;-) You can gift any item, if the recipient is at the required level for that item. The only ones you can't gift are the tier specific items (except Max balls), for instance Legend+ Callies. Not sure what issue Mr.C. had, but items being locked for him was not the reason.

I've gifted clubs above my XP level many, many times, with zero issues.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 10:32 AM

Correct.

Why, when someone gifts an item it doesn't show who it was gifted to?

What's the big secret?

I was obviously very naive, even though I've been here since 2010, I thought the multis/cheaters  did it just to win credits for balls, equipment, etc.

Then one day I looked at someones wall, who, let's say had come under suspicion.

He was level 92, yet gifted someone the level 100 irons, why would anyone do that?

If I play an alt shot or match play and enjoyed the game I have sometimes gifted 10 credit balls,  when the opponent has played with starters or bes/bxd. (like I normally use)

To me that is quite normal, why would I gift to someone miles ahead of me?

Then it hit me, the player I was on about gifted ,in one day, 3 top wedges, rsi2 irons and bb 3wood l89 as gifts, how altruistic of him.

Or maybe there is some monetary reward,.

I am not suggesting for one minute that they gift clubs and receive money through paypal etc. oh no.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 10:37 AM

Nicole161106:
    He was level 92, yet gifted someone the level 100 irons, why would anyone do that?

If it was a multi/cheater, the guy who received the gift could've paid, let's say half the price (in $) to him via pay pal. If he was legit, it could've been a friendly gesture. People have been known to gift others simply out of kindness.

Edit: After reading the rest of your post, this looks like someone's other account funding the original account with clubs. A dumb move, could've simply lost a few 999 cr blitzes to himself. Although he would need to have 2 computers near by to do this ;-)

• PAGES
RSS