Help › Forums

A question about gifts

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 21 2016 10:37 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JLScorpio
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 12:49 PM

I'm a level 20 Amateur and I want to send my Dad some golf balls, nothing special just some WTG balls but for some reason whenever I try to purchase some there is no gift button.  Was wondering why... can anyone explain?  Thanks.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 2:04 PM

JLScorpio:

I'm a level 20 Amateur and I want to send my Dad some golf balls, nothing special just some WTG balls but for some reason whenever I try to purchase some there is no gift button.  Was wondering why... can anyone explain?  Thanks.

When you get the balls from a promo like the purchase credits get balls, they go directly to you and there is not a way to gift the balls to anyone.  Only way to send a gift is directly through the pro shop.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 3:01 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

JLScorpio:

When you get the balls from a promo like the purchase credits get balls, they go directly to you and there is not a way to gift the balls to anyone.  Only way to send a gift is directly through the pro shop.

- WGTdbloshoe

Ummm.......

On the surface, this appears to be a primer for what the OP can expect when submitting a query to WGT Customer Service.  Hopefully I'm wrong & Shoe had some inside information that led to his response.  However, just in case I'm correct:

Certain balls (WGT Legend Balls, Calloway Legend Balls & Max Pro Vapors are the ones I know of) can't be gifted.  I'm not sure why, they just can't.  There is no 'gift' button on their Pro Shop purchase page.  If you play a round with opponents using one of these balls (or the WGT Starter Ball), the post-round "Gift a Sleeve of Balls" page allows you to gift these opponents a sleeve of Nike RZN Platinum balls instead the ball they were using.

Hope this was helpful.

Edit:  Duh!  The Nike RZN Platinum ball example obviously applies to player at L90 or higher.  I'm not sure what's offered for players at lower levels.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 3:03 PM

JLScorpio:
    whenever I try to purchase some there is no gift button.  Was wondering why... can anyone explain?

It's impossible to gift tiered balls, in most cases.

• JLScorpio
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 3:53 PM

Well, what I'm trying to do is (through the Pro Shop) buy some WTG balls.  I'm trying to purchase them and send them too my Dad but I can't because there's no gift button.  does that mean SOME of pro shop items can be gifted and others cannot?

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 7:13 PM

Balls that specifically say a tier in their title such as Master or Legend cannot be gifted. Also, not 100% positive but I don't think you can gift anything that is of a higher level than you are, just as you cannot purchase anything for yourself that is of a higher level.

If you are trying to send him the 10 credit WGT BX-D ball that is currently equipped in his bag, then I am not sure what the problem could be.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 12:56 AM

twinponds169:
    I don't think you can gift anything that is of a higher level than you are

Excuse me to correct you but this is no limitation. Significant fact is the level of the gift's receiver - this must fit.

As an odd fact I just noticed, when calling up the L103 R1 driver, that the "gift" button is grey though active, and the "buy" button is green though it's locked for me. Looks like someone has fiddled around with this part :(

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 9:40 AM

alosso:
    Excuse me to correct you but this is no limitation. Significant fact is the level of the gift's receiver - this must fit.

Sorry Alosso but you are incorrect. You can not gift anything that is locked to you. MrCaddie ran into that problem in the 12 Days of Christmas give away in 2014.

katton333:

I wish i had a shiny new blade.

Those top of the line versa's

I tried Katton, but that L98 is locked for me and the elves wouldn't give it to me.

MC & Friend

Apparently the level 96 Versa was at Level 98 in 2014. Not sure what MrCaddie's level was but he was unable to give the Versa as a gift  because it was locked to him.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 10:18 AM

borntobesting:

Sorry Alosso but you are incorrect. You can not gift anything that is locked to you.

Maybe something has changed but I appear to be able to gift the L103 R1 driver.  If I click on buy I get a message saying I can't but when I click gift I go to the usual gift screen.

Obviously I haven't tried actually gifting it so can't be sure it would work but the fact it advances to the next screen suggests it would.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 1:58 PM

I thought the "gift" is diff, so to me you should have no problem if you "GIFT" to a higher tier.  I've done it before.  Unless it;s a new bug/glitch.  But as long as they are in the level that the gift is you should be good.  But you can't gift lvl101 stuff to a lvl99.  Just for an example.

• PAGES
RSS