Forums

Help › Forums

Durability comparison

Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:32 PM (41 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 7:27 AM

The tests we have done on our end do not show anything unexpected. We are continuing to check into this but others feedback would also be appreciated.

-wgticon

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 7:29 AM

Yes, the 41 putts were apart of the total hits.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 7:43 AM

Infinito3010:

Wowser, Inf-you do have a problem. That chart means you're only getting 69 hits!! You're cache smart, you think some funky business in there might be causing it? You might try something like equipping a free ball, playing a round, clearing the cache, equipping the Callaway and see if it makes a diff. Something like that thought process.

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:33 AM

Does it say somewhere that putts do not count towards durability... i just assumed they did.. maybe not as a full "shot" but hitting the ball is hitting the ball is it not...

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:55 AM

WiredBullets:

Does it say somewhere that putts do not count towards durability... i just assumed they did.. maybe not as a full "shot" but hitting the ball is hitting the ball is it not...

If you check FAQ home, and search for the term durability, it states that putts are not counted.

To save time here is the excerpt;

What is the ball durability limit?

Each ball can only be used for a limited number of shots. The number of hits will be tracked and displayed on the swing interface in the game under the HITS meter. This will give you an estimate of how many hits you have left with that ball. Putts are not counted as a hit to the ball.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:57 AM

YankeeJim:

Infinito3010:

Wowser, Inf-you do have a problem. That chart means you're only getting 69 hits!! You're cache smart, you think some funky business in there might be causing it? You might try something like equipping a free ball, playing a round, clearing the cache, equipping the Callaway and see if it makes a diff. Something like that thought process.

Funky, is right.  I have cleared my cache several times to ensure I was dealing with new files and not something corrupted.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:03 AM

WGTicon:

The tests we have done on our end do not show anything unexpected. We are continuing to check into this but others feedback would also be appreciated.

-wgticon

Could you tell us what are the numbers you expected? I think the durability dots are misleading and deceiving. Why can't wgt be forthcoming and list number of hits for each ball?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:10 AM

racoondad:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

Could you tell us what are the numbers you expected? I think the durability dots are misleading and deceiving. Why can't wgt be forthcoming and list number of hits for each ball?

I expected a number between 120-135 not including putts.

I'll give updated numbers over the course of 3 balls, with a detailed breakdown on type of stroke play played.  Including, Random-3, CTTH,  Alt-shot, etc, any type of golf I play.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:19 AM

YankeeJim:

Something doesn't make sense. Andyson says no problem with 120 hits and Infinito shows 110 with 41 putts. Are those 41 putts part of the 110? If not there's no conclusion to be made other than the balls get 110-120 hits.

Jim, I got 120 hits with the non-legend Callaway ball.  Infinito is testing the Legend Callaway ball.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:26 AM

Infinito3010:

I expected a number between 120-135 not including putts.

I'll give updated numbers over the course of 3 balls, with a detailed breakdown on type of stroke play played.  Including, Random-3, CTTH,  Alt-shot, etc, any type of golf I play.

I can confirm both the 2.5-dot callaway z and i balls last 120 hits each. The legend callaways are 2-dot, so a reasonable guess would be around 110 hits.

The easiest way to count hits is to use the stat page alongside the scorecard in a stroke play. You can find total number of stokes and total putts. So all the numbers I reported in my post are number of strokes minus number of putts. 

I found only putt from green (not fringe or fairway) counts as putt in stat page.

I also found it's pretty accurate that the durability bar turns red at 25%. I tested a 120-hit ball and the bar turned red after exactly 90 hits.

Hope this info help.

RSS