Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Vapor Driver L100

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 6 2016 11:48 AM (43 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 4:39 PM

What does that new Nike look like, just a blue head or is it solid blue like the red nike driver?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 5:16 PM

fatdan:

What does that new Nike look like, just a blue head or is it solid blue like the red nike driver?

Well Big D,it is a a real pretty mix of blue and green, eye-catching and nothing else like it as they got the paint mix right....to my eye. I like lookin' at it before pulling the trigger. I was getting a bit jonesin' for something new...heck, been hittin' the Bertha 96 since, well, L-96 and I'm at L101 so you know it has been a long time. I just wanted to be sure that it was at least equal to Bertha. It is, by all measurements and that was good enough. It has put a little spring in my swagger ;-}}

~ Lily ~

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 8:02 PM

OK, the head is obviously Blue w/ green....now, is the shaft blue, or is it green, and is the wrap/handle blue or black or green?

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 8:18 PM

SweetiePie:

alberich35:
    What it make me in love :

I will let you know. How.? Let me tell ya what I just did. Let me tell ya about the power of a killer, blue/green head and what it can compel you to do. I sold my best friend (Bertha 96), and purchased the "totally with it, snazzy-wazzy, sharp as a scalpel, complete doozy of a driver, better known as The Vapor."   That's what I did ;-}}  <---- look at that smile!

Look at my profile, girls arent the only stupid human being on earth. :))

Edit 4 dots meter is fine

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 1:17 AM

Very nice driver, look nice and outdrive a bit the BB lvl 96 (IMO). As evidence : first time i use it i did a birdy on a par5 :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 7:09 AM

fatdan:

OK, the head is obviously Blue w/ green....now, is the shaft blue, or is it green, and is the wrap/handle blue or black or green?

Well Danny, strangely the shaft has a color but one must strain the eyes to discern a tiny bit of grey/silver hue that is in no way prominent, while the grip is a standard flat black. The shaft and grip appear to be purposely done to not interfere with, or subtract the eyes away from the head.

~ L ~ 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 9:15 AM

Well thank you Lilian, I am surprised they made the shaft that color as the Covert shaft is Red like the driver head, with such a brightly colored head I am very surprised the shaft isn't the same bright blue or lime green.....

On the assumption that it is at least as good as the Covert(red) you will love it, best driver available IMO

edit: unlike the R1, full b/s will cost you yardage with the Nike, it bites like a short iron when it hits the fairway....I use 3/4 b/s unless I want it to stop in a tight area.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 1:39 PM

fatdan:

Well thank you Lilian, I am surprised they made the shaft that color as the Covert shaft is Red like the driver head, with such a brightly colored head I am very surprised the shaft isn't the same bright blue or lime green.....

On the assumption that it is at least as good as the Covert(red) you will love it, best driver available IMO

edit: unlike the R1, full b/s will cost you yardage with the Nike, it bites like a short iron when it hits the fairway....I use 3/4 b/s unless I want it to stop in a tight area.

It's Lilyanna on the birth certificate, as if it mattered. 

I have no experience with the red covert (what level is it?), actually I know nothing about it, is it still for sale ? Anyway, the more I use the Vapor, I am believing it is a smidgen longer than the Bertha 96, so I am satisfied.

~ Lilyanna ~

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 2:17 PM

LOL, I like that name, it's unique! Mines actually Daniel on my rap sheet ahhhh birth certificate...

The Red Covert is also lvl 100, same stats as the Vapor except for the meter, 3.5 on the red, 4 on the blue, which is the only reason I didn't buy it, I avoid change as much as I can....I guess the Covert is still for sale, I haven't looked....

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2016 4:58 PM

The Red Covert is also lvl 100, same stats as the Vapor except for the meter, 3.5 on the red, 4 on the blue, which is the only reason I didn't buy it, I avoid change as much as I can....I guess the Covert is still for sale, I haven't looked....

Daniel in the Lions Den...whoo-hoo

I took a look in the pro shop and it is for sale. Exactly as you said, it sports the same specs as the Vapor except for the meter. What has happened now, because I dig red too, is my curiousity is scratching at me to rent it. In the Covert marketing pitch is the claim that it flies farther than any other driver that is for sale. This was claimed prior to the Vapor release, but may still be valid (if it ever was). That would mean it flies higher too. That and it's 3.5 meter has me in dangerous territory. I may have to get off my pocketbook again... ...already.

~ L ~ 

RSS