Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Vapor Driver L100

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 6 2016 11:48 AM (43 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:19 AM

LOL  Sort of like my facination of yellow golf balls.   Just got bored of watching the white ball and wanted to add some color/ variance in the group.  Especially in real life golf,  playing in a foursome and knowing which ball is mine from a distance is nice,   even more so when it's the longest drive in the group of guys that once busted my balls for using a yellow ball.  :-D

I still find myself interested in the new driver just for the change of look.   ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:35 AM

hpurey:
    I still find myself interested in the new driver just for the change of look.   ;-)

Spoken like a true equipment junkie.  LOL.   ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:42 AM

Sort of like my facination of yellow golf balls.

True, true. It happens more than we own up to. Change. I sometimes buy the Callaway $6.25 soccer ball/golf ball ( a fine ball considering it is a Cally. Why only two dots of life?) With the Vapor driver, I lose nothing and gain eye candy. And on this head, because it exists within we humans, how can WGT continue to shun the gold to be snatched by building a snazzy, creative Avatar program ? How can anyone be that lame? Easy money.

~ L ~

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:55 AM

What it make me in love :

"Plus, the "fly" blue/green color will add some serious style to your bag."

You 'llnever see any club's head in your bag because they have a cover almost you play an iron on tee box.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 11:22 AM

SweetiePie:

Jim's R1 magic wand against the Vapor and my Bertha. He has shared many fables about it, seeing is believing ;-}} 

Ah yes, but what you have to remember Lily is the limited edition L93 hits the ball, on average, 23.47 yards further than the normal one.

According to some rather tedious folk around here anyway.

I'm an absolute gear junkie, I'm always looking for a new fix but given that you'll only see that beautiful driver head when you're using it plus the fact it doesn't offer any benefit over my magical (L93) R1 then I see no reason to blow my credits on it.

Plus, and this is a damn big plus, the letter R when combined with the number 1 will always mean something else to me.  I give you the original, 1998 version:

Now that's what I call eye candy.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 11:23 AM

alberich35:
    What it make me in love :

I will let you know. How.? Let me tell ya what I just did. Let me tell ya about the power of a killer, blue/green head and what it can compel you to do. I sold my best friend (Bertha 96), and purchased the "totally with it, snazzy-wazzy, sharp as a scalpel, complete doozy of a driver, better known as The Vapor."   That's what I did ;-}}  <---- look at that smile!

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 11:40 AM

Well well well somebody has just been smitten by the love bug . Girl friend just went all in and got booed up with the Vapor . Kicked your bff to the curve and ran off with the new guy in town . hahahaha  So where are you 2 going for the honey moon ? :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 11:50 AM

SweetiePie:

Sort of like my facination of yellow golf balls.

True, true. It happens more than we own up to. Change. I sometimes buy the Callaway $6.25 soccer ball/golf ball ( a fine ball considering it is a Cally. Why only two dots of life?) With the Vapor driver, I lose nothing and gain eye candy.

I was in the local Golfsmith yesterday,  just had to get a look at the yellow truvis Cally since they're in stock now.... must say,   they are on the fugly side stationery but looked pretty neat rolling down the isle.  That's when they asked me to "not do that" .   LOL

Almost bought a dozen but still have 2 dozen regular Yellow chrome softs.   Funny part.... the truvis is same cost as the plain white cally,  and same cost as the yellow cally.   Even funnier,   it's the same ball with different paint scheme so I'd imagine they are just as durable as the next.   ;-)

YankeeJim:

hpurey:

Spoken like a true equipment junkie.  LOL.   ;-)

If you only knew how much real life equipment I've sold in the past few months on ebay.

Put it this way,  I've paid for my entire golf league for the year.  :)  

speaking of which,  leaving work in 10 minutes to play the first official league day in cold rainy conditions.   I must really love golf.   LOL     I just think of the 2 hours vacation time I'm still getting paid for the rest of the day.  Like I'm being paid to play.  HAHAHAHA

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 2:00 PM

lonniescott711:

Well well well somebody has just been smitten by the love bug . Girl friend just went all in and got booed up with the Vapor . Kicked your bff to the curve and ran off with the new guy in town . hahahaha  So where are you 2 going for the honey moon ? :-)

Well Lonnie, I was in favor of Carmel but Vappie felt I had spent too much time there and demanded (not a good start, but I let it slide...I do the demanding)...asked sweetly to go abroad --St. Andrews -- to test his roll-out, so I said yes. Romantic right ?

~ SP ~

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 4:19 PM

SweetiePie:

lonniescott711:

Well Lonnie, I was in favor of Carmel but Vappie felt I had spent too much time there and demanded (not a good start, but I let it slide...I do the demanding)...asked sweetly to go abroad --St. Andrews -- to test his roll-out, so I said yes. Romantic right ?

~ SP ~

Well you go girl I wish you 2 nothing but the best . The more that I keep looking at it the more that I want to go buy it . Since you gave it such a good review I`m think Im going to also take the plunge . Even though I said July for a present it will be far sooner than that ,

Any way I guess Im off to the pro shop its time for Bertha to take a vacation . Cant let you have all the fun . :-)    

RSS