Forums

Help › Forums

Whta next in HD photo games?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:18 PM (7 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 2:34 PM

I've said elsewhere that this game will be the forerunner for a lot of new games to use HS photographs.  But when I started thinking about it, it was not easy to think what would actually work.  For example, I don't think tennis or soccer would work.  Then it occured to me - racing games.  Remember Colin McRae Rally - fantastic game.  And just imagine what that would be like with HD photography.  Formula 1 Grand Prix, Indy, Touring Cars, Stock Cars, and all the other track racing games would also be good, but my favourite has got to be the World Rally.

You could start with a choice of basic cars with different advantages/disadvantages, and then buy upgrades to your cars, e.g. tyres, spoilers, engine, etc, etc.  Only problem is you'd need a steering wheel... well I would - can't do with those Playstation-type controls.  When have you ever seen anyone driving a real car with one of those things!

Well WGT, what do you think?

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 3:08 PM

I think you overlooked the most best.Imagine being sat on your hunter, riding heads on the Spooner and West Devon hunt.

Fabulous scenery as Dartmoor rolls out beneath your hooves,the call of the Hunting horn,the crunch as you accidently step on a Hunt sab,titanic clashes as Four wheel drives take on Citreon 2CVs in the lanes,louts in para military secondhand(and smelly) smocks,the gathering for stirrup cups,the list is endless.

There could even be an option to bribe the local constabulary prior to the hunt,although with the ACPO members all riding to hounds,it seems rather pointless,but it would at least make the townie peasants get angry and red-in-the-face indignant over something they know nothing at all about.

We could include options such as the ability to upgrade your mount,move from jacket to full colours,follow in a variety of vehicles according to your spend limits,even an option to be a hunt sab and try to evade the police(for crimes commited elsewhere) whilst also trying to keep up with the rich people on horses.

I do think though,that there would need to be a translator built in to the game if it were to be a multiplayer so that we could understand the chavspeak used by the sabs.

Oooh! I just thought! How about an Insurance tab,whereby Huntsmen and Women could pay to cover claims from people hurt by accidental feet stompings,and the chav sabs(if they could afford it) could insure against medical treatment and/or the provision of an ambulance.Second thoughts though,do ambulances actually attend people from the lower classes still?

Just some thoughts.

Second idea.

Retail Therapy. HD photos of all the best high street stores,rack by rack as you go head to head with your girlfriends.The winner could be the one who made the best savings on essential purchases such as bags,purses,shoes,accoutrements etc,and could be decided over a cyber Bistro luncheon which could be a cyber chat area.

Each item would have hiddeen values attached like "50pts extra-rejected by Mrs Rooney" or "150pts extra-following >30 mins procastrination"

Each shopper could opt to be accompanied by (For extra points) a boyfriend,husband,mother,father.The extra points awarded as a sort of handicap.

Of course the big bonus would be awarded for the person who managed to convince an opponent to buy the most perfectly useless item after making fake bids and false try ons in the changing rooms.This could be called the "Peer envy award".

I think I have a winner here.

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 4:38 PM

Hunting!!!  Lizzie, how could you!!!  The poor little foxes.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 5:12 PM

Foxes? who said anything about miniscule impercunious vulpines?

I was thinking more about the sport to be had with the Sabs...poor little things.

Lizzie x

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 6:16 PM

How about bull fighting, think of the fun you could have stabbing a bull. Maybe Yancyman could set up a tutorialis and whatnots!!! :-))

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 7:49 PM

Yappy22:

How about bull fighting, think of the fun you could have stabbing a bull. Maybe Yancyman could set up a tutorialis and whatnots!!! :-))

Yappy, we dun been atryin and whatnots but we needs to work on it some yet.

First time outta the blocks was not so good. But we ain't dun yet !

SM

Is it just me, or is this dude walkin on water?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 8:23 PM

with a complimentary soiling if the shorts

-G

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 7:18 PM

Hey Strangeo keep up the good work. Dem bulls will make y'all do thangs you thought you would never do. LMAO!!!

RSS