Help › Forums

friends list

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:12 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 8:52 AM

i have a bug on my friends list. there are people on it that i have not added and cant remove them and some that i have added i am unable to even message.

i reported it to wgt who took days to get back to me and asked me to reply if the problem had not been fixed.

i sent a replytelling them it was still the same and have heard nothing more back from them.

wgt once again ignoring their customers and failing to provide an acceptable level of care

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:10 AM

hotcarrie:

i have a bug on my friends list. there are people on it that i have not added and cant remove them and some that i have added i am unable to even message.

i reported it to wgt who took days to get back to me and asked me to reply if the problem had not been fixed.

i sent a replytelling them it was still the same and have heard nothing more back from them.

wgt once again ignoring their customers and failing to provide an acceptable level of care

Hi,

it's not a bug but a limit in software functionality. It happens when you break 255 friends on your list. It happens due to how it was programmed

-wgticon

• Barry01
    285 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:21 AM

try this clean ur registry as well I had many problems and that cured them all 

Gl Barry01

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 3:00 AM

WGTicon:

hotcarrie:

Hi,

it's not a bug but a limit in software functionality. It happens when you break 255 friends on your list. It happens due to how it was programmed

-wgticon

if you know what the problem is then why not fix it or at least tell me how to fix it?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:14 AM

Hi,

As I have mentioned, it's not a problem but a limitation. To fix it, everything has to be re-programmed and that will take years?

Even internet IP protocol has same issue, which is what forced ip v6, (if you look most ips are xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with xxx being 254-256 max.

-wgticon

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:08 AM

Got to ask, do you really need so many friends?  This is a golf site, looks like you're wanting Facebook.  Or maybe try that zoosk link.

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 2:30 AM

MioKontic:

Got to ask, do you really need so many friends?  This is a golf site, looks like you're wanting Facebook.  Or maybe try that zoosk link.

no i dont need so many people on my friends list and most of them should not be there as i have not added them and wgt will not allow me to remove them.

so please make sure you have your facts right before making a bitchy comment.

i will try and put it in a way that someone like you might understand.

I DID NOT ADD ALL THE PEOPLE ON MY FRIENDS LIST AND I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE THEM.

as you will see from one of the replies wgt say all websites are the same. i have never had this problem any other place and my uncle is a website developer and even he does not know what wgt are going on about.

as wgt are refusing to fix this problem there is not anything that i can do. looks like one more case of wgt providing a substandard service and not showing any interest in problems that users of the site might be having

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 8:18 AM

hotcarrie:

MioKontic:

no i dont need so many people on my friends list and most of them should not be there as i have not added them and wgt will not allow me to remove them.

so please make sure you have your facts right before making a bitchy comment.

i will try and put it in a way that someone like you might understand.

I DID NOT ADD ALL THE PEOPLE ON MY FRIENDS LIST AND I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE THEM.

as you will see from one of the replies wgt say all websites are the same. i have never had this problem any other place and my uncle is a website developer and even he does not know what wgt are going on about.

as wgt are refusing to fix this problem there is not anything that i can do. looks like one more case of wgt providing a substandard service and not showing any interest in problems that users of the site might be having

hi,

please email members@worldgolftour.com and they can help ya there.

-wgticon

• mhac
    10 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 10:08 AM

hi wgt, this is not related to the above thread but it is still a problem for me. i am not receiving any confirmations of entering tournaments , or any  updates on cc tourneys at all. i have e-mailed wgt on the e-mail addrress but to date have not had a response at all over the issues that i have got !  i dont even know if i am owed any credits from tourneys either ! can you or any one else at wgt admin help solve this  for me . many thanks look forward to your reply.

on another issue i dont know how to  put in a thread without  replying to  one that is already here ! any guidance on that one for me !( i am not really a computer competant person ) lol again  any help would be gratefully received 

mhac 

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 11:09 AM

hi,

please email members@worldgolftour.com and they can help ya there.

-wgticon

i have emailed them and got a reply telling me they have reset things and that i should reply to their email if the problem was not fixed. i replied and they have ignored me just like they seem to do with anyone that emails them.

• PAGES
RSS