Forums

Help › Forums

I had a nightmare about Bethpage Black

Sat, Feb 26 2011 11:18 PM (20 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 2:53 PM

I rarely if ever share my dreams with anyone.  But this is an exception.....

I must have had some bad seafood last Monday night because I had this strange

dream......no, strike that...I had a nightmare about Bethpage Black.

(Good thing my new laptop has the Dream Capture technology, you can click on the dream captures below for a bigger image.)

Here's how the nightmare went.....

As is my wont since waking up in September a Legend, every morning I grab a cup of coffee, log in to the site and click on News to see if anything occurred overnight.

I thought my heart would stop as I read the latest News!

Can't be I thought!  Screwed again!  I clicked on each photo in the News item and got the two following dream caps.

Are you kidding me?  I dreamt.  That dogleg looks a mile away and no pair of binocs will see the pin through those trees!

Oh great!  We can't even see the clubhouse!  And I shuddered as I was pondering whether to use full topspin or backspin to hit that tiny fairway in a 50mph cross wind.  But then I felt this hot breath upon my face and neck!  Immediately I thought Big Foot had found me on Bethpage!  I began to run....

Then I woke up, just the dog checking what all my fussing and mumbling was about.

Whew!

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:39 PM

Sorry I couldn't post earlier, but I've been laughing so much I couldn't type.

Can only hope it's no dream Andy.  Driver, wedge, driver wedge... you really do need a challenge!  Just wait until that less-than-1-month-old 58 average gets to Legend, it will be driver, putt, driver, putt - BORING!

I'll be taking bets on SM's proposal.  Contact me for odds.

PS  Thanks for doing it in Imageshack.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:42 PM

Friggin Hilarious!   

Cheers,

b0gey

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:52 PM

Forgot to say, love the binoculars thing; that's something that should be included in WGT.

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:55 PM

Just seen the name of the player too - Fussyfella!  Hope you're not multi-accounting Andyson!  If so, it's already been deleted.  There is a Fussyfeet still here; joined last May but has never hit a single shot.

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 4:52 PM

Absolute classic .... I tried playing the Unlimited 18 but can't stop giggling. Mr. Andyson you truly are, a "legend", thank you for the much needed humor.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 6:47 PM

Hey Andy everybody knows us legends get special treatment so shouldn't be a problem hammering your drive 450'...wedge to 6" from hole for a1 putt bird.  ( in your dream of coarse )  LMAO !!!

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 5:21 PM

Just played an Alt Shot game, with Pugs being one of the opponents.  Obviously, he drove off the legend tees (he's a legend??).  Into a 15mph wind on #17 they were nearly able to reach the green in 2.  The tees are therefore obviously too close; they need to go back another 250 yards.  And, as with Bethpage, increase the wind to 75mph (higher wind because it is a links course).  And I don't mean downwind either as that would negate the extra yardage.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 5:55 PM

Wouldn't matter LEGENDS still would birdie it.  In Andy's dream any thing is possible.  LOL.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:31 AM

MioKontic:

Just played an Alt Shot game, with Pugs being one of the opponents.  Obviously, he drove off the legend tees (he's a legend??).  Into a 15mph wind on #17 they were nearly able to reach the green in 2.  The tees are therefore obviously too close; they need to go back another 250 yards.  And, as with Bethpage, increase the wind to 75mph (higher wind because it is a links course).  And I don't mean downwind either as that would negate the extra yardage.

Yeah... yeah... yeah... I was willin ta forget about your own waking "Nightmare At BethPageBlack" (even filling one of only 3 of my remaining "viewable friend spots"), but since you've decided to stroll down memory lane... ;)

LOL... however... the start that TT1 and I had was due more to HIS outstanding play, and NOT due to any "legendary ability" on my part.

To be fair... "the rematch" at SA seemed to remove the sleepers from Team Green's eyes, where it was AGAIN TT1's stellar play that, at least, kept us "in it"... to the last... welldone Green!

Heh-heh! All I can remember from "the rematch" was my inability to sink a few mediocre-length putts, LJ's resurgent gameplay, TT1 continuing to save us, and your suggestion that I "play less and read more" after I'd admitted missing this thread. LOL! I'm dreaming about a RUBBER MATCH!  ;)

Andy... you continue to amaze and amuse... great stuff!  :)

RSS