Forums

Help › Forums

WGT: please revamp prizes for CC tournaments

Wed, May 4 2016 10:26 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:39 AM

+1 regarding BPB#15, though it's not a bad option to play from the bunker below for the front hole.

#17, I play 200 yds regardless, +/- wind. The green is easy enough for a Par in two putts.

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 10:26 PM

And here we are, two more months have gone by ... still clashes every two weeks, and despite promises to revamp this, WGT does nothing except give more gold putters to The Georgian.

What's the time-frame on making prizes worth playing for CC's other than The Georgian? A revamp was promised and long overdue. I'm in a CC that has finished in the top 10 for most clash events, yet we get the same thing every event; a handful of extra virtual passes and new tees markers. Oh boy. Virtual prize awards cost you nothing. Zero. So why are we here on event #23 and still clubs that finish 2nd to 25th get almost identical prizes which amount to nothing. There's not incentive here (other than ego). And I have to tell you, I'm not playing these events like I used to and I stopped buying passes ... I'm sure I'm not the only one. You're running them into the ground by having them every two weeks, no prize incentive and holding events mid-week, which is personally think is ridiculous. Some of us actually do have jobs, unlike The Georgian, which apparently accepts only golfers on Social Security, pensions or unemployment benefits. You'd probably have more people actually play these on a weekend, don't you think?

Whatever. 

• PAGES
RSS