Forums

Help › Forums

World Stroke Play Rankings 3rd August 2009

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:55 PM (24 replies)
  • TaxAnalyst
    18 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 12:13 PM

Additionally, my baseball career was a combination of many single-opportunity events.  Not one action was considered "multi-play".  In multi-play, you have the opportunity to negate multiple poor performances with a single good performance.  There is no penalty for poor performance, because you can simply try again.  There is only reward for the single good performance rendered.  Every pitch, every swing, every action in real-life sports is a single-play occurrence.  You don't get to negate any of your failures by doing it over.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 3:19 PM

There is an equal a and b argument for single play also, look at the money list and some of the averages.  And if your player A can shoot 65-67 that much he sure is going to shoot 60's more often than one in a hundred, especially in multi-play.  And this could go on and on.

I fully understand your thoughts, and they are no more open minded than one who you would label as simple-minded.  There really is no reason for personal attacks to try and get your point across, it's not going to get me or anyone else to pay attention to you more, but then you appear to be a young man and yet may learn this one day.

Until there can be a means to equal the variables for all players, some for example, processor speed, memory, video card, time of day played, equal wind speeds and directions, single play on a computer game, which as with any sport or game is not real life, cannot be the sole determination of this community's abilities.  At least with multi-play you can eventually get in a glitch free game on occasion. Like comparing your ball abilities if you played in the new Yankee stadium with the best equipment to playing in a parking lot behind Wal-Marts with a rag wrapped around your hand and a lopsided ball.

Using all stats, including multi and single play tournaments, is the only means to equate players.  And even this would be lacking.

My only goal is to shoot a 26 someday, I'll be looking to see when you do it in multi-play.

I'm done with this thread now, if you wish to carry this discussion on use my wall.

• TaxAnalyst
    18 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:37 AM

Caven,  I don't care to carry on with you anywhere else on this topic, because every one of your arguments implements points which are non-applicable or are just false.  See ya.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 10:08 PM

TaxAnalyst:

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:55 PM

Fasterson:
     TaxAnalyst:

Rehot

Poklona

RSS