Forums

Help › Forums

About New Ads on WGT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 3 2011 3:21 PM (5 replies)
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:27 AM

Over the next several weeks we will be experimenting with new ads and ad placements in WGT to help us keep the game free to play.  None of these ads will disrupt the loading or playing of the game and they will be displayed selectively so not everyone will see them right away .  We listened to your feedback on the Scorecard ad and greatly improved it with our last release.  Please be patient with us as we work out any kinks with these new ads.

Thanks,

WGT

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 11:24 AM

At least, as previously said....getting rid of those pop-ups between shots was a big plus.

I thank you for that.

As to ads period, it goes down like castor oil but it is necessary, I know.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 1:07 PM

If the ads dont work out WGT is thinking about charging to play like a subscription? Could be an option.The way I go through balls. Make me an offer.You have a steady stream of revunue. I know whats it gonna cost for me.  Some may want to pay for no ad game also. GL

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 2:09 PM

Yes well I noticed this too,and wondered if It was just me because I hadnt seen anything from the detractors who devoted a lifetime to complaining and debating about the ads,and I came to wondering how come no one is here to say thankyou for removing such a bane? Oh well,but it did bring me to thinking about writing progressive proverbs at least.

A stitch in time is impossible,as time is an imaginary,and therefore inevitably pointless,measurement of sequences. So.Save time by not trying to stitch anything.

Its good to relate,and fun to know that an email travels at like 275 million metres per second.I think it is anyway(Thats give or take a bit,by the way).

Currently,I have a contact lens problem.

I have no contact lens solution.I also have a question. If one person has an imaginary friend,why is that called insanity,when if many people share the same imaginary friend,its called religion?

Lizzie

• Neil110772
    287 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 2:12 PM

Fuzzygazz:

If the ads dont work out WGT is thinking about charging to play like a subscription? Could be an option.The way I go through balls. Make me an offer.You have a steady stream of revunue. I know whats it gonna cost for me.  Some may want to pay for no ad game also. GL

If this game becomes a paid subscription game like tigerwoodsonline, ie have to pay a monthly or yearly fee to play the game, Im out !!! I spend enough cash here as it is with over priced balls (the new callaways for example) and upgrading clubs etc. Its a great game with a lot of flaws like the meter issue, not enough full courses to play stroke games but if WGT started to charge a fee the admins/developers would have no where to hide. They would then have customers who will demand things work properly or they will take their custom elsewhere. As it is we can all complain but at the end of the day its free to play and you only have to spend money if you want to buy equipment or gamble in challenge games.

KEEP WGT FREE TO PLAY, complain politely and enjoy the experience people.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 3:21 PM

Like u say Neil  if they charge too play,there wont be many playing as it does cost enought too  buy the right equipment in here too keep up on top  of the  game. and with errors in the game and especially the meter.i dont think  many will stay.especially when u can get tiger woods of ebay for less than $9    no glitches no  buying clubs. last but  not least no meter errors.or balls lost when bought  lol.  amazes me that  u buy  balls on here how quick they  go outta bounds and get lost,yet use normal ones its ok.  wgt sure  got that sussed out. lol

gl whatever they do.

RSS