Forums

Help › Forums

Turkey Day

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:37 AM (27 replies)
  • budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 5:52 AM

Just want to wish WGT and the WGT community a happy Thanksgiving Day.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 7:33 AM

Happy Thanksgiving WGT friends..hope u eat way to much and have a great day with the family!!    photo images20_zpsqhudcwh2.jpg 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 9:23 AM

Chris1973M:
    hope u eat way to much

Oh,  I'll eat wayyyy tttooooo much alright!   Back when I was in the Army,  my mother decided that she would do Turkey dinner on Sunday after Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to go from family to family when I came home (well, was able to come home) for the holiday weekend.  

I'd go to my in-laws side on Thanksgiving Thursday and be able to relax and visit the whole day then on Sunday do the same thing with my side of the family.  It worked out great,  so much so that we've continued that tradition for the last 12 years after getting out of the service.   Funny thing though,  we've decided to do it on Saturday this year so that we'll all be able to enjoy the whole day instead of worrying about getting home for the kids to get in bed for school on Monday.   Not only that, but now I can drink with my side of the family as much as we'd like to and have all Sunday to recover.  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.  I know it's not just the U.S.,   Canada and a few others places celebrate it as well.

I'd rather be with my parents on Turkey day as they wait until the weekend for turkey dinnner and have steaks and stuff on Thanksgiving.  :)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 10:11 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Though this is not a tradition in Germany and of course a regular working Thursday, a side part of it is currently coming to us:

At least three electronics trades here have special offers for Black Friday!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 10:23 AM

"I'd go to my in-laws side on Thanksgiving Thursday and be able to relax and visit the whole day"...

Whenever I visited my in-laws, I got to work on hand to hand combat skills and reflexes when ducking frying pans...gotta say though, those skills saved my butt a few times on deployment...lol

Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October...same deal with the Turkey, etc.  To be honest, I am not sure where it started in this country...we didn't even have pilgrims.

ct

ps. Happy turkey bird day to all my American friends...:)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 10:32 AM

I guess,  "relaxing" at the in-laws was the wrong word to use,  just trying to seem nice LOL.

But , not having to worry about saving room to go to multiple homes for dinner on the same day,  kind of makes up for the longer visit with the in-laws.  ;-)

I just get drunk before I go since the in-laws side aren't drinkers and my side of the family I can go sober and leave drunk.  LOL

Opposites really do attract I guess.  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 10:52 AM

I wish for a happy day to all. I am thankful each and every day but give an extra effort with family on this special day established by the great George Washington ! Happiness to all !

~ Lily ~

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 11:20 AM

SweetiePie:

I wish for a happy day to all. I am thankful each and every day but give an extra effort with family on this special day established by the great George Washington ! Happiness to all !

~ Lily ~

Canada neither had a George Washington, nor pilgrims...whatever, the Turkey is still good...:)

...and, we got the world's best whiskey..!!

ps..or whisky, if you live in Scotland

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 3:46 PM

ct690911:

You're still not getting this, you guys make whiskey, we make whisky.

A simple concept, It's not rocket surgery.  ;)

A very happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 5:28 PM

PaulTon:

ct690911:

You're still not getting this, you guys make whiskey, we make whisky.

A simple concept, It's not rocket surgery.  ;)

A very happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Rocket Surgery ?...maybe it's time you switched from whisky to whiskey...lol

RSS