Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT November event: Olympic

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 10 2015 4:08 PM (91 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:09 AM

OK Thanks. here comes me shots lol. I didn't take a shot with the un-even lie showing , i took it from tee by mistake.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:15 AM

Would have been easy to do a 3 min  stream on that last hole . I will do that next time instead.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:37 AM

Hi Tess,

So glad to see you joining in this event! And yes, the 3 min stream on the last hole would be an easier option for you. Full instructions are on the first page, and copied below.

Sadly, though, the screenshot of your full Equipment doesn't meet the proof requirements we've set out. For some stupid reason WGT programmed that in a way that doesn't display a player's score, so although I can obviously tell that it happened on the 18th tee, there's nothing that ties that equipment screenshot to this particular round (even though you provide the screenshot from the tee underneath). I'm afraid I can't accept that as proof. Sorry :(

If you look back at the events over the past few months, you'll see that this has been a major headache all round!

Edit: Er, also, I just noticed... this is the Olympic thread, so these posts properly belong in the Merion one instead!

Corwyn:
    Start your recording while on the last green with your current score and conditions visible: click on your player name, then on Equipment, which will display your club set: please click through each club in the bag. Close the Equipment profile and then quickly visit Menu > Scorecard to click through B9, F9, and all 4 Stats tabs before closing back out. Then stop the recording, and save it somewhere. You can now complete your round without any impact on CPU memory due to the recording process as you won't need it while playing any shots. Upload this brief clip to YouTube or similar and post the link in the Forum thread.

Here's an example of what is required as Video Evidence: https://youtu.be/zyaoo2aqVZ4

Note: if you have video capability, and sink your final putt with a sudden realization that you failed to get the screenshot or take the video earlier, then you can still prove you've used the right clubs. Start a continuous recording from the final scorecard/stats page and then, on the return to the main menu, immediately show the clubs one by one that are in your bag, either as Mags has done just with a hover over or by clicking on equipment and running through each club (as I did after my R1).

• boja21
    38 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:43 AM

Corwyn:

Heads up... Tough-It-Out events resume this week! This month we have both the missing parallel VT event for October at Merion (held over because of the UEL Ryder Cup), and November's event to be held at Olympic.

We're running both tourneys at the same time (each with their own thread), and they start this coming Thursday 11/12.

PLEASE NOTE: to be eligible for Prizes, there are now NEW Club Proof Requirements (which we started in August). To win a Leaderboard (top 5) or Stats Prize, you must show proof of clubs used in one of the following 3 ways:

1) Video Proof (see this post for details and example);

2) Greenshot with Club Bag Hover (with 3H or 3W in avatar's hand, and the other one, 3W or 3H, hovered over in the bag, with the fully visible Bag providing evidence of SW and LW);    (see this post for details and example)

3) 4 Greenshots showing 3W3HSW & LW   (see this post for details and example)

Please read the details below BEFORE playing your round.

*** To be in the running for any prizes, you must take and post either a VIDEO record or SCREEN SHOTS with PROOF OF CLUBS used, along with both f9 & b9 CARDS and all the STATS!!!!!  ***

this is a placeholder for now... full details on the event to follow later today.

TOURNEY OPENS Thursday 11/12

R1 runs Thu 11/12- Wed 11/18; R2 runs Thu 11/19 - Wed 11/25

*** LEADERBOARD & ENTRY LINK will be posted here ***

(and tourney will also be listed in the official WGT tourney list in the Game Client)

Here are the tournament dates and conditions (so you can all get some practice in!).

R1 :: Thu 11/12 - Wed 11/18::

18 holes; Olympic; White (Medium) tees, Low Wind, VFast10 greens, Default pins, Uneven Lies, equipment restricted to Starter Clubs and Ball

R2 :: Thu 11/19 - Wed 11/25::

18 holes; OlympicRed (Easy) tees, Mod wind, Champ13 greens, Default pins, Uneven Lies, equipment restricted to Starter Clubs and Ball

Please do remember to take care equipping your bag properly ahead of play (i.e. before clicking on the link to enter):

This tournament is only to be played with the full Starter Club set:

Starter Driver,

Starter 3W,

Starter 3H,

Starter Sand Wedge,

Starter Lob Wedge,

Starter Iron Set,

Starter Putter,

and Starter Ball.

This is true?? Click this link

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=41260931-4d3b-4599-aa0f-a54e01025cb1

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 1:42 PM

Well let's see here.

Priestess entered the event which is uneven lie automatically.

She Posts a screenshot with all the proper equipment 

Posted the same identical score in  her screenshot.

What did you think she did.

PLAY another game,cheated, and then posted her screenshots on that dubious game??

AND shooting the same identical score??

A disqualification seems so blatantly anal to me

Bet she never plays in another one of your events Sir.

I know I wouldn't.

My guess is she has better things do do!

Hugsss

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 9:13 PM

Hugs to you too Allie :)

It's laudable that you would come to the defense of your friend.

Of course I don't think Tess cheated. I count her as a friend too and value that. However, as will be painfully obvious if you look at the prior events of Tough-It-Out, I can't bend the rules just because I myself might be convinced a player has played legitimately. Every player has to provide the proof that is asked for.

It's not my fault that WGT screwed up the programming for this feature. We've done testing; we've shown them where the faults are and even suggested how to go about the fix. The truth is that one can enter and play these events with the wrong clubs: we've even had players post winning leaderboard scores doing so.

I've gone to considerable effort to spell out several different methods of acceptable proof (with videos to show how to achieve them).

While I personally don't doubt for a moment that Tess played her round with the right gear, the sad fact is that the Equipment screenshot provided in this instance has no verifiable connection to the round that was posted. I wish it wasn't so, but I would be failing my duty to the entire field if I accepted this as club proof.

By the way, I really detest this aspect of putting on these events. It gives me no pleasure to spend my precious time adjudicating on these 'anal' decisions, as you put it. 

So, I beg participants to please, before you post anything here, really read the opening page posts that spell out what's required.

• jeffacer62
    122 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 9:41 PM

I have my shots saved in paint, how can I get them in here. I tried to copy and paste but didnt work. They are in JPEG format

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 10:50 PM

Embarrassingly pitiful attempt at Olympic TIO 

• DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2015 1:26 AM

Hi Corwyin,

i did the 4 screen shot on the first hole as a backup and then i forgot to do them again in any of the last 4 holes :( See if my results is accepted or just the stats. Thanks

http://s16.postimg.org/5qemmfs3p/image.jpg

RSS