Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters: Give Us Foes Along with Friends

Wed, May 5 2010 5:43 PM (23 replies)
  • JDubs21
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 3:20 PM

Heres my ridiculous 2 cents:

I obviously agree with Snaike on this perticular issue due to the fact that you kinda just deal with the people bailin' - i do play MP occasionally  and almost every, maybe 75%, rd. i've been a part of someone has quit- 4 or 5 times it has even been myself!  Its especially the worst when ur havin' a decent rd. and on hole #7 ur partner bails(only related to the thrill of competition) and u cant secure a victory over a counterpart- many people, (almost every post i read about this subject) say ur only competition is the golf course...........we'll maybe in SP Mode, but in MP Mode " i do delclare" , the whole reason im playin' is to BEAT MY OPPONENT on the exact same course/conditions that im playin'- even better when i have a worse set-!! However, u cant do shyyyt about it so u deal with it and know that in ur heart it was a victory and u did what u were tryin to accomplish( WHOOP DAT A _ _ !!!)

The suggestion i would have to WGT for this issue of tagging for a FOES list,(lol- i did search!  and found nada sooooooo.....) would be to let there be some type of application where it was possible to keep notes on people who u have played a rd. with and flag their name when they appear online so u can refer to ur notes and see what u wrote about them!!!!!  It would be possible to put these "notes" people right into ur friend list only while there online....where u could also write some notes on ur friends I.E. names, locations, how they played a rd., and any other facts u might want to recall in a later rd. with this friend!!!!  I think this would add dramatically to the "community atmosphere" this website so strongly endorses!!!  Again sorry if this has been suggested previously, and answers have been given, but I couldnt find anything so i went for it (lol)!!!!

Thanks for listenin' and heres another quarter b/c that  shyyt was way more than my 2 damn cents!!!( lmao)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 3:38 PM

I see nothing wrong with an Ignore/Avoid list.

XBox Live allows you to ignore people, because some people are just bastards.  Some people are those weird stalker types and some people are just annoying.  What ever else a player might decide to use it for (in your instance, avoiding quitters) is there own business.

Good suggestion.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 3:48 PM

Lol you've just described every reason why I've been so leery to add too many people to my friends list aside from the fact that I rarely play multiplayer. So the ignore list would be great if I ever make an error letting someone on my friends list.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 3:51 PM

Lysti, you can remove an erroneously added friend with a single click of your mouse (on the player's profile page). No need for an Ignore/Avoid list just for that purpose.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 3:55 PM

Yes but I wouldn't want to offend them by them seeing themselves removed.  Afraid I'd make a foe =)   Not that I would remove the ones I have now...I respect those players.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 4:00 PM

I don't think they'd notice they were removed by you. Such events aren't notified; their number of friends would simply drop by 1 and it's rather unlikely they'd notice (and who's responsible for it).

PS: Maybe such events are recorded in the Activity list after all, not sure, haven't tried this!   

1,644 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 5:08 PM

Actually... anyone that you remove from your list, you will still be a friend on their list! :-/  Something not quite right about this...  You can't see them, but they can still see you and know when your online.  Anyone who 'was' a friend of Tibbets should know this. ;-P  Even though he cleared out his list months ago, I can still see when he chooses to be shown.

Lee

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 5:38 PM

Definitely a bug. Friendship should be mutual at all times. After all, I guess that's why there's a duplicate entry for each new friendship closed? (Probably another bug.) I mean, for each friendship closed, the notice "X and Y are now friends" appears twice in everyone's Activity log. There should only be one entry, but the duplicate entry is probably triggered by the fact that you first need to request friendship and the recipient of the request must then confirm it. (Or perhaps it's triggered by pulling the same notice from 2 different profile pages.)

As to Lysti's concern, I browsed through tibbets's Activity log. The last friendship closed by him was on April 21, and thereafter no mention at all is made of Friends in his Activity log, even though his current Friends count is zero. So that would be a third Friends-related bug. The Activity log should definitely record if someone removes a person from one's Friends list. Whether that entry should also appear in the removed former Friend's Activity log is another question – perhaps it shouldn't, so that embarrassing situations mentioned by Lysti can be avoided. All that should suffice is if their Friends count dropped by 1, and the former Friend would disappear from the Friends list. (The removed ex-Friend would have to strain their human memory if they wanted to find out who it was that suddenly dropped out of their Friends list.)   

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 8:51 AM

I will never gets this 10 minutes back! wow....i have posted over 500 rounds on here..i could care less if people quit during a round of multi-play....if i want to finish i finish by myself..if some one is kicking my ass by 5 strokes..good for them...its me agianst the course....yall have a good day..Beamer

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 9:27 AM

Guys, this isn't really all about quitting or complaining about quitting.  It's about adding a necessary feature to the game to ignore people for various reasons.  Quitting is just one of many many reasons the OP could have given for why this would be a good thing to have.

RSS