Forums

Help › Forums

Not Found

Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:23 AM (50 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 2:28 PM

Same failure here, one guy in my CC, and the other not - both "user not found"

I am amazed that WGT don't have a little testbed of players that are in a CC, are owner/ director , friends with each other, that can be used to replicate any of the problems that we highlight here.

I have thought that for years, especially when u just get a bland 'no problem here' from 3 moderators.

Very fcking helpful I don't think.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 3:04 PM

We're looking into it. In the meantime, if you need to go to one of these player's pages I would suggest searching them rather than clicking on them in your friends list. 

EDIT: Just to clarify, we're looking into it, but we haven't been able to reproduce it. I have been able to directly land on the profile pages of the players in this thread with numbers at the beginning of their name as well as the one player I have on my friends list that starts with numbers. 

Would a few (please don't flood me) of you that start with numbers in your name please send me a friend request? 

_CHAMPION

Edit 2: Are you guys accessing these friends from your friends list in your profile page, or the friends list under the Play Now box? 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 3:15 PM

WGTChampion:
    Edit 2: Are you guys accessing these friends from your friends list in your profile page, or the friends list under the Play Now box? 

I just tried it from the friends list to the left of this forum under the play now area.  User not found for a friend that's username starts with the number "2".   No problems clicking a friend with a name that starts with a letter.

**Edit

Same thing when I try from the game client friends list..

***edit,  

same player worked fine when I clicked from members list on my CC homepage.

WGTChampion:
    EDIT: Just to clarify, we're looking into it, but we haven't been able to reproduce it.

I just read this and was able to reproduce it in 5 seconds.  LOL

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:02 PM

• 2043dennis
    213 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 5:18 PM

Hello,

Sent you a friend request, per your request. I've had 3 friends at end of game try and send me balls. It comes back as an "error, user not found". This hasn't always been this way, but I noticed it about a month or so  ago after one of WGT's famous and sometimes useless updates...

Signed, Denny aka 2043dennis owner of Green Emerald Country Club

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2015 8:51 PM

WGTChampion:

• under play now  -get user not found message
    • in clubs roster page  -goes right to their profile
    • in wgt community members /search- goes to their profile in when typing name in and searching and also when clicking on random name in wgt member list

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 6:27 AM

I to tried clicking on a friend and got user not found....took about .000027466450 sec to duplicate problem

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 4:24 PM

Thanks to 2043dennis I was able to see what your seeing. Sorry to everyone who did it much faster because they already had friends who met the criteria to see the issue. 

Obviously we're looking further into the issue and what is causing it.

_CHAMPION

• 2043dennis
    213 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 5:15 PM

Thanks WGTChampion we very much appreciate your help in this issue. I really believe it has to do with WGT updates, because this wasn't happening a month or 2 ago...

Thanks,  Denny aka 2043dennis

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 6:22 AM

WGTChampion:
    Sorry to everyone who did it much faster because they already had friends who met the criteria to see the issue. 

But you had one too,  his name is all numbers in fact.   ;-)

Just bustin' ya chops Champ.   :-)

RSS