• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:24 AM

Hello,

I have read a lot on here about how to map clubs:

- play in a low wind and wide long course

- play back and forth to average wind and elevation effects

- too shots Vs. Fairway shots

- watch the landing distance (more that the rolling)

- map center, 1/2 bs, and fb

my question is on how to map my Wedges.

- Do I need to map all modes? (i.e. pitch, chip, flop, full) at each spin (center, 1/2 bs, fb)

- Should I map all green speeds (11, 12, 13)

- should I may lay condition (fairway, fringe, 20-25%, 40-45%, etc.)

- are there "better holes to use for mapping? 

Thank you in advanced for your learned opinions

Ezzy

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 9:42 AM

64W I would map everything, including full top-spin with full shots in the 90% - 100% power range.  I peronally used full b/s or center ball and use different spin based on the need.  With a great full b/s and zero spin mapping you can make very accurate estimates so imo no need to use 50% b/s when you map.

For 60W and 56W the only thing I have mapped at 100% b/s are my punches/flops (you don't need 56W flop).  Aside from that I like to stick with center ball for every other mapped shot (not w/standing the pitch shot for 60W - don't need 56W pitch).

I've got a 64W mapping example at my wgt homepage.  You can find it at my wall post.

Cheers!  Sean.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:54 AM

In my opinion life is too short to map clubs. Just play for enjoyment.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 12:30 PM

As a no longer active old timer, 5 years plus, I would suggest you Wish in one hand and Shite in the other. There are so many factors affecting each shot. You will think you have duplicated the exact movement, placement and wind factors but the shot will vary (sometimes to a WTF comment). Just do the best you can and enjoy for as long as you can. Just the opinion of a terrible old Legend.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 1:51 PM

Ezzy123450:
    my question is on how to map my Wedges.

On July 21 you were only Level 5, less than 3 months later you are now Legend and Level 78.  Seems that whatever you've been doing is working.  

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 5:32 PM

I has wrote a tips sheet for mapping you wedges both percentage and avatar ways. It is have the pics and the charts to make real easy and al ar translate to the English.

You go mine profile page and looks for "Up and Down In Two" that ar what you is wants

RSS