Forums

Help › Forums

New Truvis Callaways, anyone tried them yet?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2016 8:39 PM (22 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 9:57 AM

I use a simple way of comparing ball performance.  I divide the cost per ball by the total number of dots of all performance specs.  This give you a credit cost per 1 dot of performance.  so for the Platinum vs Truvis I get the following:

lvl 90 platinum   650 / 3  = 216.67credits per ball.  Total dots of Performance: 16.5

Ball cost / Total dots of P :  216.67 / 16.5 =  13.13 credits per dot of P

lv 67 Turvis    625 / 3 = 208.33 credits per ball   Total dots of Performance:  14.0

Ball cost / Total dots of P :  208.33 / 14.0 = 14.88 credits per dot of P

This works if you value all performance factors equally, obviously.  But it's a simple way to compare ball cost to performance.

I do use it when comparing different Nike balls with the same durability, as a way to compare performance.  Just my 2 cents worth.

phred952

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 2:02 PM

hpurey:

Jimbog1964:

hpurey:
    This *** is funny to me, for just 25 credits more, look what you get.

Took the liberty of editing that image.  I am not going to do the math but when you look at the durability maybe that should be more like 25 credits less.

Good point Jim.  

hawgy:

SweetiePie:
    Hi Hazen ! Not to sound delusional, which is a possibility, I tried them and found them to have some type of "magic" aspect beyond the listed nomenclature...seeming to land closer, and making putts drop for no special reason. For yet another unknown reason, I really like the eye effect of the red artwork while putting. I was disappointed to see no ball-trail being a part of it, but realize missing attributes is SOP at  WGT  ~SP~
    You sound delusional?  LOL NEVER.  :)
    I really want to try them, if not for anything other than to add them to the collection of virtual golf balls that I've acquired lol.  
    It's not even the price that is stopping me really,  at least not to just try one sleeve.  It's the fact that I publicly said that I wouldn't buy myself any sleeves until I could play a yellow Nike.  Now that's delusional, I think.  ;-)

Here is delusional = the red truvis effect (is truvis legit soccer lingo? I don't do much kickball)...OK the red truvis squares plus bright, bold, vivid, stunning YELLOW vapor trails....but that would show creativity which is taboo at WGT  ;-} 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 2:28 PM

phred952:
    I use a simple way of comparing ball performance.  I divide the cost per ball by the total number of dots of all performance specs.

I agree wholeheartedly with your thinking Phred.

SweetiePie:
    Here is delusional = the red truvis effect (is truvis legit soccer lingo? I don't do much kickball)...OK the red truvis squares plus bright, bold, vivid, stunning YELLOW vapor trails....but that would show creativity which is taboo at WGT  ;-} 

LOL Lily, actually, would be really cool but I would like a yellow ball (high level) with the option to not have the vapor,  on  occasion.   I sometimes will play the yellow Srixons just because they're yellow but with no vapoo trail. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 3:39 PM

hpurey:

phred952:
    I use a simple way of comparing ball performance.  I divide the cost per ball by the total number of dots of all performance specs.

I agree wholeheartedly with your thinking Phred.

SweetiePie:

LOL Lily, actually, would be really cool but I would like a yellow ball (high level) with the

option to not have the vapor,  on  occasion.   I sometimes will play the yellow Srixons just because they're yellow but with no vapoo trail. 

OK, OK...I'm with you Haz...let's go with the top Callaway  ( what ever that is, I'm a Nike chick...they are better balls), a fine yellow with red soccer squares, and a choice of no trail or, (get this), with trails in all the color choices..huh ? Is that c00L ?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 5:14 PM

Like this?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 7:23 PM

andyson:

Like this?

Oh Lordy ! Oh yes ! Look at that work of art...a masterpiece by Andy. ;-}

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 10:30 AM

Do squares have five sides in America Lily?

Would be news to Buckminster Fuller.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 11:14 AM

PaulTon:
    Do squares have five sides in America Lily?

Actually Paul, the squares in America have no sides to their personality...simply out of it, lame in thought, a sight to behold in clothing choices, get off listening to Sousa's march music, and the older ones can still be seen with their trusty old slide-rules....SQUARES!!..totally out of it, in fact, many know what to call those useless. 5-sided, designs used on a kickball....that belong on a golf ball to enhance putting pleasures and for the snazzy look  ;-}

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 11:49 AM

SweetiePie:
    Actually Paul, the squares in America have no sides to their personality.

We have those too and invariably they look like this...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 6:13 PM

SweetiePie:
    I'm a Nike chick...they are better balls

Agreed,  well at least on WGT.  ;-)

SweetiePie:
    a fine yellow with red soccer squares, and a choice of no trail or, (get this), with trails in all the color choices..huh ? Is that c00L ?

Super cool  :-D

andyson:

Like this?

Bingo!

RSS