Forums

Help › Forums

New Truvis Callaways, anyone tried them yet?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2016 8:39 PM (22 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 7:04 AM

Wondering if anyone gave them a shot yet.  If so, any replays saved to see how the ball looks in play?

Mainly wondering what it looks like while putting and pitch shots around the green.

Curious to know if you get to see the spin while the ball is in motion.  Or does it look just like a solid red ball while in motion? LOL

I'd get sleeve myself but am really trying to stick to not allowing myself to buy anymore golf balls until the Nikes have a yellow (Volt) option.  ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 7:18 AM

Thought of you earlier, no biblical sense so don't worry:)

I have some guitars and someone just commented that you like red LOL...Yep most are red to at least part red.  Golf balls do not bother me at all as to which colour, but I can't throw stones either LOL

Sorry no not tried the new football patterned balls at all.  Look like a dream price for not much, but then what do I know LOL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 10:41 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Thought of you earlier, no biblical sense so don't worry:)

LOL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:46 PM

This *** is funny to me, for just 25 credits more, look what you get.

• hawgy
    79 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:20 PM

hpurey:

Wondering if anyone gave them a shot yet.  If so, any replays saved to see how the ball looks in play?

Mainly wondering what it looks like while putting and pitch shots around the green.

Curious to know if you get to see the spin while the ball is in motion.  Or does it look just like a solid red ball while in motion? LOL

I'd get sleeve myself but am really trying to stick to not allowing myself to buy anymore golf balls until the Nikes have a yellow (Volt) option.  ;-)

yeah i got them they work very well and yeah u can see the red spot's spinng on the ball on the pitch and putting shots, for the balls that i always use {cally lvl55 legends} there just the improvement i was looking for more spin and slower meter and it realy dont scrub much distance off from what i can tell been thur 2 sleeve's now.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:15 PM

hpurey:

Took the liberty of editing that image.  I am not going to do the math but when you look at the durability maybe that should be more like 25 credits less.  Comes on stream early I guess..........

• hawgy
    79 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:45 PM

8under.jpg.html  8under.png.html

hawgy:

hpurey:

yeah i got them they work very well and yeah u can see the red spot's spinng on the ball on the pitch and putting shots, for the balls that i always use {cally lvl55 legends} there just the improvement i was looking for more spin and slower meter and it realy dont scrub much distance off from what i can tell been thur 2 sleeve's now.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 2:28 AM

hpurey:
    Wondering if anyone gave them a shot yet.

Hi Hazen ! Not to sound delusional, which is a possibility, I tried them and found them to have some type of "magic" aspect beyond the listed nomenclature...seeming to land closer, and making putts drop for no special reason. For yet another unknown reason, I really like the eye effect of the red artwork while putting. I was disappointed to see no ball-trail being a part of it, but realize missing attributes is SOP at  WGT  ~SP~

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 8:42 AM

Jimbog1964:

hpurey:

Took the liberty of editing that image.  I am not going to do the math but when you look at the durability maybe that should be more like 25 credits less.

Good point Jim.  

hawgy:

SweetiePie:
    Hi Hazen ! Not to sound delusional, which is a possibility, I tried them and found them to have some type of "magic" aspect beyond the listed nomenclature...seeming to land closer, and making putts drop for no special reason. For yet another unknown reason, I really like the eye effect of the red artwork while putting. I was disappointed to see no ball-trail being a part of it, but realize missing attributes is SOP at  WGT  ~SP~
    You sound delusional?  LOL NEVER.  :)
    I really want to try them, if not for anything other than to add them to the collection of virtual golf balls that I've acquired lol.  
    It's not even the price that is stopping me really,  at least not to just try one sleeve.  It's the fact that I publicly said that I wouldn't buy myself any sleeves until I could play a yellow Nike.  Now that's delusional, I think.  ;-)
  • alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 9:00 AM

Jimbog1964:

hpurey:

Took the liberty of editing that image.  I am not going to do the math but when you look at the durability maybe that should be more like 25 credits less.  Comes on stream early I guess..........

A Cally with 2.5 dots of durability has 120 hits, with 2 dots it has probably 100 hits, so the real price is 625*120%= 750 for the Truvis Chrome.

Making this ball the most expensive ball from the pro-shop tied with RZN NIKE Vapor Black Balls

RSS