Forums

Help › Forums

2nd shot on Kiawah #9..???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 15 2011 2:08 PM (6 replies)
  • bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:19 PM

This shot eats my lunch everyday...Anyone have any tips on how to hit this shot ..?

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:35 PM

Yes, its a tough shot for me as well. Just had a 167 yd. to the pin, 8 mph wind left to right, used my iron that gives me 170 yds.- no back spin, perfect hit and it landed on the up slope in front of the green stopping it dead at 156 yds. Chipped onto the green and putted for par. The best luck I have had is to try to hit the ball just hard enough to land just before and on top of that front hill guarding the green and let it roll onto the green. If I do that properly, I can usually get a birdie. To hard and you run to the other side of the green. Sometimes if the wind is right to left I will send the ball towards the right side of the green long to where you have the big mounds guarding the bunkers and if I hit the front mound just right it will kick the ball back onto the green and take a short roll back towards the hole leaving a tricky putt, but makeable. I still do not have it down perfectly yet, but I still practice and hope for the best and I am happy to walk away with par.

Good luck.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:31 PM

Try adding 5 yards to your shot that lies over 150 yards to the pin, with half back-spin. Or you can play it like this with some practice of course.

Shot courtesy of Jake Stanfill. I can watch that shot all day long.  : )

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:25 PM

IMO...When in doubt I always aim left of the pin (pin high)...The green is flatter there and its easy to flop on from the left of the green. This a par saving strategy for me when conditions keep me from getting enough height on the approach shot to stick it. Short of the green in front of the pin is good too. It's the right side that has much more slope-not impossible but more difficult.  

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 1:45 AM

That was so cool..

wasn't expecting that...

Choice!

ty,cheers, nan

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:22 AM

Richard4168:

Try adding 5 yards to your shot that lies over 150 yards to the pin, with half back-spin. Or you can play it like this with some practice of course.

Shot courtesy of Jake Stanfill. I can watch that shot all day long.  : )

tx man.. that sounds like a good tip... as for holing it out, I'd be happy with some ez pars and a birdie or 2..

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 2:08 PM

Richard4168:

Try adding 5 yards to your shot that lies over 150 yards to the pin, with half back-spin

took your advice and birdied the hole the 1st time I tried it...u da man..!!!  :)

RSS