Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:08 AM (315 replies)
  • Saurabh08
    184 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:06 PM

I'm in!!  :)

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:28 PM

Sorry   got back late   was watching last night's ep of The Blacklist.   Hit me up if ya guys wanna go again or lose someone.

Rock

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 9:46 PM

Sorry to miss you Rock, and glad to hear you're still active and interested in the event. Likewise, great to hear from several others today (and Dazza as well, yay!).

Fred, Wes and I played the f9 strokeplay and got through it without any discos and a well-behaved meter (at least for me). Mags also reported having a fairly trouble-free fourball today, so ... fingers crossed ... I think it's worth giving this thing a go!

Obviously, we may have some trouble getting matches completed. It might be worth splitting up our 18 hole games into 2 nines, so that players can reboot and clear the flash memory overload issues halfway through. Any other suggestions are most welcome.

I'll try and get the Time Availability Chart set up and out to everyone in the next few days (probably after the weekend though).

And do keep those re-confirmations coming. Still got quite a few players to hear from!

Thanks,

Corwyn

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 11:39 AM

Yes the alt shot with fmag was very smooth. But a lot of time the game freeze after some rounds (Yesterday it was in the second round after the alt shot). So my advise is at least to disconnect and close the browser before starting the game.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 8:22 AM

JoeMaverick:

Yes the alt shot with fmag was very smooth. But a lot of time the game freeze after some rounds (Yesterday it was in the second round after the alt shot). So my advise is at least to disconnect and close the browser before starting the game.

Also if u click on fellow players name to see their equipment, u'll get end of game message and grey screen. So better avoid that

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 5:44 PM

Good suggestions Joe and Razza. Thank you!

------------

Alright, we're on folks!

Let's do this thing.

To avoid getting further delayed into November and then the potential overlap of Thanksgiving, I'm hoping we can make this work to start Saturday October 17th (end of next week).

Here is the Time Availability Chart

Please fill out your availability asap! And help spread the word to other qualified players (and those seeking a captain's pick).

Thanks,

Corwyn

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 4:55 AM

Done :)

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 5:11 AM

have filled out timesheet

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 5:16 AM

Thanks Joe and Mikkel (duffputt)! (And thanks to Mags too who already filled out his availability).

I've just sent out PMs to all the remaining qualified players on both teams, asking everyone to fill out the form and get ready for getting things under way next week. I also sent the PM to potential alternates, i.e. the next placed players who just missed out on automatic qualification. And anyone else who wants to be considered as an alternate, or captain's pick, please do post here in the thread, and fill out the availability form.

Looking at playing history, both bhoese and akash1592 (ironically enough the first 2 qualified players on Team USA) have been inactive for a couple of months, so I hope they can play...

Later today I'll add in all the event information to the reserved opening page posts (format etc.)

--------------

And, in other breaking news... I'm delighted to report that JoeMaverick has accepted the invitation to take on the Team ROW captaincy. Thank you Joe, you'll make a great team captain!

Russ (ColumbusStorm) has kindly offered to continue as Team USA captain, a role he has fulfilled admirably in prior UEL Ryder Cups.

Captains can feel free to announce their two captains' picks whenever you're ready... Fanfare time... !

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 2:29 PM

Great to see availability info rolling in to the spreadsheet from so many of you so quickly...

I now have data from 8 ROW players (5 qualifiers and 3 other potential captains picks/alternates), plus info from 1 US player.

Keep it coming, folks!

RSS